Just arrived - hardshell backpack + extra batteries

Reaction score
Ordered 2 extra batteries and the hardshell backpack from DJI.com direct back on May 15th. Arrived via FedEx today. I know a bunch of folks are still waiting so here are a few pics to tide you over...

Doesn't appear to be an easy way to fit an iPad Air--yet--but there are some small loops to clip on an auxiliary case, water bottle, etc.

The whole foam insert is easily removable. The plastic "shell" seems sufficient but cheap.

edit-IMG_3497.jpg
edit-IMG_3499.jpg
edit-IMG_3500.jpg
edit-IMG_3505.jpg
edit-IMG_3508.jpg
edit-IMG_3509.jpg

Reactions: Milehighdesign
AWESOME! How's it fit? Looks like there is a ton of room between the P3 and the inside top of the shell. Is that correct?

EDIT: Looks like you took the foam out, never mind. lol.

I wish the quadcopter logo said DJI like the hardshell packs that were given out to the beta testers. :(

You can see them at the beginning of this video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's actually pretty snug.

One gripe is the way the strap has to sit beneath the antennas on the FC. I could see forgetting to route it underneath and either cinching down on the antennas or forgetting to double check that the antennas are positioned to clear the top insert.

Also, you can't cinch the strap down too much because it creates a void near the extra batteries and will prevent a snug fit against the top insert.

Here are a few more pics...
IMG_3511.jpg
IMG_3512.jpg
IMG_3513.jpg
IMG_3515.jpg

Reactions: NUfan
Also, you can't cinch the strap down too much because it creates a void near the extra batteries and will prevent a snug fit against the top insert.

I see what you are saying. If the strap isn't sitting over the batteries and you close up the top, do the batteries move around?

I really like the backpack. Just waiting for mine to come!

I wish the quadcopter logo said DJI like the hardshell packs that were given out to the beta testers. :(

Yeah, the quad logo is definitely a bit hokey for my taste!

Waiting for someone to come along with a nice liquid domed label to replace it. Looks pretty straightforward.

edit-IMG_3510.JPG

thanks the case looks really good, do you think there is any space at all at the sides to fit at least an iPad mini ? really can't understand why DJI never made space to carry a tablet.

still not sure what way to go, really wanted this backpack, but still looking at other options also.

Raymond

My general issue with all the phantom backpacks is that there is very little room for extra stuff. What if you want to take your P3 up a mountain or on a camping trip? Somebody needs to 3d print a rigid shell that would minimally enclose the P3 sort of like a full suit of armour. Then you could just put it in a big hiking backpack.

Reactions: NUfan
Just received mine as well. I really like it. Sure they could make it to hold more stuff, but that would make the whole thing bigger. I am actually surprised by the small footprint of the whole package.

I would also like the idea of a shell case for the P3 itself like Gangapat suggested. Maybe even a type neoprene pouch with small internal camera protection skeleton and a matching pouch for the controller. I use neoprene pouches for my cameras all the time to throw into various bags that work great.

Anyway, Two thumbs up from me on the hard-shell backpack.

Reactions: Raymondkerr
Also, the iPad mini fits great along the one side of the P3, but I think this space is also designed for the charger. So it's one or the other.

An Ipad mini will fit in the side slot with 4 props, unfortunately the air will not fit. But to be honest I use my mini more than my air or air 2

The other side is for the charger.

Received mine too, and I like it. I'm not a big back packer, but it does protect the P3 in my trunk and carrying all the items to the launch site. My iPad Air2 won't fit, but a mini probably would. The size is small, and that can be a great advantage sometimes. Bigger gives you more space, but then it gets much larger to get in overhead bins, baggage areas, trunks and other areas you might want to include your P3. Excellent quality.

Of course the question every drone fashion model has to ask, "Does it make my belly look smaller?"

And... you don't have to answer that question.... it is NO!

IMG_4059.JPG
IMG_4060.jpg
IMG_4061.JPG
IMG_4062.JPG
IMG_4063.jpg

Hey just got home from a Business trip and found my backpack had arrived and you guys are right not liking the decal on it so I set off to my CNC got some color vinyl and cut me a new one....Everything fits great, extra props, iPad Mini all fit in...

IMG_0143.jpg

Reactions: Stan_in_KS
Absolutely Brilliant post, cant' wait until my pre order lands, what a moment, such a brilliant looking transportation solution

Hey just got home from a Business trip and found my backpack had arrived and you guys are right not liking the decal on it so I set off to my CNC got some color vinyl and cut me a new one....Everything fits great, extra props, iPad Mini all fit in...

View attachment 20957
hello data way, can you make me one?

View attachment 20957
hello dataway can you make me one only with the DJI logo?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers