Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Just an observation...

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by kenjancef, Sep 3, 2015.

1. kenjancef

I'm about 2 months in as a P2 NV owner, and just received the ImmersionRC 600 and iOSD Mini today. I've seen a number of install videos and such,,and all I have to say is...

DARN, these things are SMALL! I know they have to be to fit in/on the Phantom, but I was just REALLY surprised on their size. I couldn't tell from the videos....

I'll be doing the install in about an hour or so, I got the cable to make it a solderless install, so it should go well.

Wish me luck!!

2. Joe Video

Good Luck.

3. kenjancef

lol... Thanks...

I got them installed, but when I turned on the Phantom to check firmware on the iOSD, the Zenmuse H4-3D gimbal seemed like it was calibrating, and never stopped... a little worried... going to get the GoPro and throw it on to see if that's why...

EDIT: Connected the GoPro, and all is well... now I wait till tomorrow when my Black Pearl comes in...

#3 kenjancef, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  4. Joesrevolution

Glad to hear its working well. One note though, never power up a Zenmuse without a go pro in it. You can damage/ burn out the motors very quickly if you are not careful, it seems you lucked out this time but it is to be avoided. The initializing/jerking you saw was the motors trying to balance something which is not there... they reach their limit and bounce back.

5. kenjancef

Oh crap! I never knew that about the Zenmuse. I've kept it on there since then, so no worries there. But if by chance I fly without the GoPro I'll unplug the Zenmuse.

Thanks for you're reply!!