Just an observation...

Reaction score
I'm about 2 months in as a P2 NV owner, and just received the ImmersionRC 600 and iOSD Mini today. I've seen a number of install videos and such,,and all I have to say is...

DARN, these things are SMALL! I know they have to be to fit in/on the Phantom, but I was just REALLY surprised on their size. I couldn't tell from the videos....

I'll be doing the install in about an hour or so, I got the cable to make it a solderless install, so it should go well.

Wish me luck!!

lol... Thanks...

I got them installed, but when I turned on the Phantom to check firmware on the iOSD, the Zenmuse H4-3D gimbal seemed like it was calibrating, and never stopped... a little worried... going to get the GoPro and throw it on to see if that's why...

EDIT: Connected the GoPro, and all is well... now I wait till tomorrow when my Black Pearl comes in...

Last edited:
Glad to hear its working well. One note though, never power up a Zenmuse without a go pro in it. You can damage/ burn out the motors very quickly if you are not careful, it seems you lucked out this time but it is to be avoided. The initializing/jerking you saw was the motors trying to balance something which is not there... they reach their limit and bounce back.

Glad to hear its working well. One note though, never power up a Zenmuse without a go pro in it. You can damage/ burn out the motors very quickly if you are not careful, it seems you lucked out this time but it is to be avoided. The initializing/jerking you saw was the motors trying to balance something which is not there... they reach their limit and bounce back.

Oh crap! I never knew that about the Zenmuse. I've kept it on there since then, so no worries there. But if by chance I fly without the GoPro I'll unplug the Zenmuse.

Thanks for you're reply!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan