Just a little help and advice please

Reaction score
I have just upgraded from my phantom 2 to phantom 3 standard, I've been fly my phantom 2 for well over 18 months now without any problems at all,
so I decided to it's time to upgrade the phantom 3, my question is I know it's probably already been covered, it's about the no fly zone, is there any way to deactivate the no fly zone?
or am I stuck with a £480 in door stop!!! that i can't fly o_O

I have just upgraded from my phantom 2 to phantom 3 standard, I've been fly my phantom 2 for well over 18 months now without any problems at all,
so I decided to it's time to upgrade the phantom 3, my question is I know it's probably already been covered, it's about the no fly zone, is there any way to deactivate the no fly zone?
or am I stuck with a £480 in door stop!!! that i can't fly o_O
If you have no respect fro the no fly zones or rules, Its probably best you leave it in a box. Use it for a door stop.

Reactions: Jason Porembski
I have great respect for no fly zone, I'm not one of the pilots that fall into the I don't give a crap syndrome and go charging around in parks and public places with a drone! what I was hoping for was a little bit of help with the problem not ridiculous sarcasm

Reactions: Jason Porembski
I have great respect for no fly zone, I'm not one of the pilots that fall into the I don't give a crap syndrome and go charging around in parks and public places with a drone! what I was hoping for was a little bit of help with the problem not ridiculous sarcasm
No sarcasm in my post I promise you. You sound like a child that wants to fly his toy around places its not allowed. You talk as if it was a problem? No problem. The no fly zones are for everyone. It means its not safe to fly in them.

I'm not going to waste my time to start an argument with you, you're not worth it, hopefully a more mature member of this forum may be able to help answer my question,

I'm not going to waste my time to start an argument with you, you're not worth it, hopefully a more mature member of this forum may be able to help answer my question,
No argument.
Look up in the dictionary and you can see what No Fly Zone means... Even those of us that are licensed for commercial work are not allowed to fly in NO FLY Zones.

No argument.
Look up in the dictionary and you can see what No Fly Zone means... Even those of us that are licensed for commercial work are not allowed to fly in NO FLY Zones.
For all you know he might just want to be able to test in his backyard.
It's not necessary to jump to assume irresponsibility without evidence?

Reactions: rene van der meer
I don't have a P3, but...

My understanding is, if it's an actual No Fly Zone, that means no fly. There is no flying. There is no way to deactivate it.

If it's a flight restricted zone, your P3 will not fly initially, but there is a way to self-certify so you can fly temporarily provided you meet certain conditions. I'll let somebody else give you more details.

It is unfortunate you did not look at the DJI Geo map before buying.

Mark is talking about authorization zones. A different thing that NFZ.

You can look on the Geo map if you haven't already. Just register in the dji forum first as you need to be logged in to use geo map.
DJI GEO System - Unlock Areas For Authorized Access

Type your city in the search box

Here in NZ you can fly in No Fly Zones in certain circumstances. However in Low Fly Zones, you can't fly at all. Go figure.

Yes... of course. I believe him. Thousands wouldn't.

Or fly indoors.That should be possible even in a no fly zone.
What happens in Atti-mode or without GPS?

If the aircraft fixes your position in a NFZ, it won't fly. ATTI mode won't matter. But flying inside with no GPS reading should work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers