Just a couple basic questions if you dont mind..

Reaction score
Hey everybody

Haven't flown my drone in almost a year. Tough year. Anyway I'm trying to get back into it and remember everything.

1.I have a gopro 2 camera with a chip in the lens. Whats a good replacement camera that is lighter and not nearly as expensive as a gopro 3 or 4? But, I also want 60fps 1080. Is it possible?

2. I'd like to have FPV. Would that require a separate camera if I don't go the gopro route? On Helipal I noticed their FPV cams are all super small. Does it add a lot of weight? How is it powered?

3. Gimbal. Ugh. Had an Arris but it was constant problems and SUPER heavy which killed flight times and performance. MIGHT consider one if it is super light and easy to use. Will they hold any camera?

thanks

No it does not record. You need another high res cam. About the only one like that that streams is the go pro. I just happen to have a garmin virb elite that i got for my service award from my work.

No it does not record. You need another high res cam. About the only one like that that streams is the go pro. I just happen to have a garmin virb elite that i got for my service award from my work.

Well, something is wrong with them because my last flight was a disaster. All the sudden the phantom started leaning to one side and veering out of control. I had no choice but to crash land it. Broke a prop. So, it should definitely be out of whack. Just before that flight, I calibrated the compass which is the only thing I can think of that caused it.

If you want a great camera that does 1080p 60, with a non-fisheye lens and only costs $150 try the Git2.
One of the lighter 3-axis gimbals out there (don't bother with 2-axis) is the Geocalla, $79 from the manufacturer.
For fpv on my P1.1.1 I have now an ImmersionRC 600mw transmitter, and a Lilliput 339DW monitor, using the Git2 as the only onboard camera. If you're going to install all that new gear, you'd be crazy not to install an OSD, which now can be had for under $30.

If you want a great camera that does 1080p 60, with a non-fisheye lens and only costs $150 try the Git2.
One of the lighter 3-axis gimbals out there (don't bother with 2-axis) is the Geocalla, $79 from the manufacturer.
For fpv on my P1.1.1 I have now an ImmersionRC 600mw transmitter, and a Lilliput 339DW monitor, using the Git2 as the only onboard camera. If you're going to install all that new gear, you'd be crazy not to install an OSD, which now can be had for under $30.
Just went on Amazon and bought the camera you suggested. It was $159. Had excellent reviews on YouTube.

Just went on Amazon and bought the camera you suggested. It was $159. Had excellent reviews on YouTube.

I hope you got the one I linked to, the one on Amazon has the standard fisheye lens.

No, you want the one with the 4.35 mm lens, like the one I linked to initially. Standard or Pro packaging has nothing to do with lens type, it's whether they include the waterproof housing or not. The ones on Amazon ONLY come with the standard fisheye lens.

GIT2(Standard Packing) with F2.8 4.35mm 16M FOV 90° 13G lens - GitUp Action Camera

lol ok. And how come with 4.35 lens is better than the wide? Just for FPV flying?

edit: I really wish I could use the case with it for use on my Sea Doo.

Last edited:
lol ok. And how come with 4.35 lens is better than the wide? Just for FPV flying?

It eliminates the fisheye effect, and has less edge distortion than the standard wide lens. All the newer DJI, Yuneec, Blade, Autel, etc. cameras come with a rectilinear lens. It makes a huge difference in your videos. A comparable modified GoPro (PeauPro 82) is $650!

^ Thanks for the help, cheebs. Are you sure thats a good gimbal? I say that because the website and the pics look pretty.. home grown. But hey, if it works then it works.

My next question is about finding a lighter landing gear. I think stock is 43 grams.

I have 3 of the Geocallas. Best bang for the buck without a doubt. I especially like that you can use other cameras like the Xiaomi Yi or SJ5000 without modification. It's also self-tuning which is a huge advantage over its closest rival, the Storm 32 which requires hours upon hours of tweaking.
On my P1.1.1 I have the Maikelsdesign landing gear from Shapeways. What I like about that one is you can choose the height to your liking by just cutting the CF rods to the desired size. He also has a new v2.0 gear that's pretty cool. Here's a pic when I still had a nasty Walkera 2-axis gimbal installed.
P1050940.JPG

^ Thanks for all the info!

One last thing.. What are the best 2700mah batteries? I just bought a 2700 3s 25c Black Magic and am very happy with it so far but it seems through searching that brand is almost unknown. Any other recommendations?

^ Thanks for all the info!

One last thing.. What are the best 2700mah batteries? I just bought a 2700 3s 25c Black Magic and am very happy with it so far but it seems through searching that brand is almost unknown. Any other recommendations?
Black Magic are actually very good. I have a few of the 3000mah and they give me a solid 12 minutes of flight.

Reactions: HoverMan
No, you want the one with the 4.35 mm lens, like the one I linked to initially. Standard or Pro packaging has nothing to do with lens type, it's whether they include the waterproof housing or not. The ones on Amazon ONLY come with the standard fisheye lens.

GIT2(Standard Packing) with F2.8 4.35mm 16M FOV 90° 13G lens - GitUp Action Camera

Hello,

can you please advise me how are you integrated the git 2 pro camera with Phantom ?
I have the Phantom 2 and want to buy the camera that can be used for fpv and for video recording. I found the Git 2 Pro to be the perfect camera for my purposes, but I haven't found any information in the web how to use it with phantom 2.

For now I have next concerns:
  1. What gimbal should I buy for Git 2 Pro ?
  2. What video transmitter will work with Git 2 Pro and how to connect hem together ?
  3. Can I use dji iosd mini together with my fpv system for telemetry ?
Thank you in advance !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers