Just a amateur run at Tacoma Narrows and Gas Works Park in Seattle WA

Reaction score
Let me know what you think. Only shot in 720P due to only having an 8GB SD card.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Cool editing, I thought you were going to hit that kite for a second. Aren't there allot of water taxi and other low flying planes around there?

Reactions: Maverick81
Cool editing, I thought you were going to hit that kite for a second. Aren't there allot of water taxi and other low flying planes around there?

yeah that was a close call with that kite. I did not see it until I watched the video lol there was a sea plane that landed during my flight which I did catch on video but not in this edit. I read on the internet that it was ok to fly here and I did stay under the 400ft while I was flying.

Yeah I noticed once I came really close to clipping a tree only after I reviewed my video later. It's so hard to tell what we can and can't do with the airspace. That location is in at least 12 overlapping no fly zones but then you say you found out it's ok to fly there. Or what about the hundreds of AMA flying fields within 5 miles of an airport, I don't think they are calling into those towers everyday telling them their flight plans.

By the way how did you edit in those flashes with the music, that was cool.

It was all done on a macbook pro using final cut

That's a white fade in the go app if you wanted that flash.

Ramone you better be careful flying on Lake Union! That's a Seaport and Kenmore air is coming and going there all day long. I park at Canlis and watch the planes buzz over head all the time. Gas Works is probably okay... Did you see any planes landing on the lake? The narrows is cool!

Assuming the gas works was the "factory" looking building amid the green. That was really neat looking. Too bad about the gang tagging, but loved the man in the middle of nature feel

Gas works is really a cool park! All that water there is a busy seaplane area on the other side! I love sitting in the Needle and watching the seaplanes buzz out the windows making their approach!

Also trying to tell if the kite owner was looking pissed or not at 2m in.
Well he saw the drone for sure. Looks like he started to pull down on his kite to save it. **** close call.

Ramone you better be careful flying on Lake Union! That's a Seaport and Kenmore air is coming and going there all day long. I park at Canlis and watch the planes buzz over head all the time. Gas Works is probably okay... Did you see any planes landing on the lake? The narrows is cool!

Yes 1 plane did come into land and i have video of it but saw him coming in from the distance. Thanks for your tips and concerns. I try to stay as safe as possible.

Also trying to tell if the kite owner was looking pissed or not at 2m in.

lol yeah I seen the kites I probably should have stayed clear but really wanted the shot of that emblem etched in the hill!

another great Sun Set @ Narrows Bridge shot last night!

Vasault Park Tacoma 2.9.16

bec7f8c94e0c11bec720abdcecbed3ec.jpg

b1d86d3eb14ddaa0809874fa731153be.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic