Jussaguy this is your fault!

Reaction score
20160528_212743.jpg

3 days of flying on bright sunny days with the Shield K1 have really taken its toll on the fun factor. Even with a 70-degree shade the the K1's screen proved simply to be too reflective without enough brightness. I found it very difficult to justify the loss of GPS and an integrated HDMI port but in the end, the tablet needs to be usable in a variety of conditions. The K1 is an amazing piece of hardware packed full of performance and features but ultimately it's a tablet better suited for high shade or indoor use and I had to bid farewell and welcome in the Pro 9.7. Thanks @Jussaguy ! :confused::confused::confused:

EDIT: I ended up returning the Wi-Fi version and picked up the Wi-Fi + cellular :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
Looking at that makes me want to swap my mini in Chop.
Looks good :)

Thanks man! I went in for the Mini 4 but the guy a Best Buy was kind enough to search the web and he found a site that had this for $50 less so they price matched it for me :) Still bummed about the loss of GPS but I think I'll survive.

Reactions: dirkclod
I used my iPad initially (wifi only, so no maps) but found it very difficult to see in normal light conditions. I've been using my iPhone 6+ as of late and actually like it better since a) I can see it and b) I get the map. Congrats on the iPad pro though :)

I have a samsung tab 4, it had a clear screen guard and lots of reflection outside, so I got anti glare screen guard (matt finish) no glare in the house but outside no glare and you can barely see the image! It made it worse! Everything is light grey, so the anti reflection is off now I will just have to live with it, my monitor hood helps and I need a bigger budget for a better tablet.

I used my iPad initially (wifi only, so no maps) but found it very difficult to see in normal light conditions. I've been using my iPhone 6+ as of late and actually like it better since a) I can see it and b) I get the map. Congrats on the iPad pro though :)

Check out this thread

HOW TO: Optimize Apple device for the best DJI GO app performance

If you're not going to tether your mobile phone, check out that setting about caching the maps. I think that's the ticket for the maps. And thanks!

I have a samsung tab 4, it had a clear screen guard and lots of reflection outside, so I got anti glare screen guard (matt finish) no glare in the house but outside no glare and you can barely see the image! It made it worse! Everything is light grey, so the anti reflection is off now I will just have to live with it, my monitor hood helps and I need a bigger budget for a better tablet.

I had thought about one of those anti-glare screen covers too.

This might be a dumb question but if you tether an ipad mini 4 to a galaxy s7 I know the maps will work but will the feature such as follow me work that requires gps??

I've been researching that. There are apps that will feed GPS info from one device (ie a smarphone) to another (ie an iPad) via BT, but I'm not certain that the P4 can take advantage of that... I might just need to try it to find out. I'd prefer that over purchasing an external GPS.

My wife, "For as much time as you are spending trying to figure out this GPS thing, just go get the GPS model and be done with it!"

I love my wife :)

Reactions: ftttu
View attachment 55312

3 days of flying on bright sunny days with the Shield K1 have really taken its toll on the fun factor. Even with a 70-degree shade the the K1's screen proved simply to be too reflective without enough brightness. I found it very difficult to justify the loss of GPS and an integrated HDMI port but in the end, the tablet needs to be usable in a variety of conditions. The K1 is an amazing piece of hardware packed full of performance and features but ultimately it's a tablet better suited for high shade or indoor use and I had to bid farewell and welcome in the Pro 9.7.
31ac62e3483f0e9aa653e41e1a83e8b2.jpg

That my friend is a full iPad Pro (the guys version) with a sunshade and MaxxDBS!

Of course the sunshade is getting replaced because it's not what ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

On my iPad pro the speakers are so loud it scares me when it says "your phantom will return home now". I jump every time.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
On my iPad pro the speakers are so loud it scares me when it says "your phantom will return home now". I jump every time.

The K1 was the same way... 2 forward facing speakers!

View attachment 55312

3 days of flying on bright sunny days with the Shield K1 have really taken its toll on the fun factor. Even with a 70-degree shade the the K1's screen proved simply to be too reflective without enough brightness. I found it very difficult to justify the loss of GPS and an integrated HDMI port but in the end, the tablet needs to be usable in a variety of conditions. The K1 is an amazing piece of hardware packed full of performance and features but ultimately it's a tablet better suited for high shade or indoor use and I had to bid farewell and welcome in the Pro 9.7.
True that!
I'm also loving the iPad Pro 9.7". The size is perfect for the holder, and the screen brightness is impressive.

hoodivision

Amazon.com: [3-Pack] SUPERSHIELDZ- Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protector For Apple iPad Pro 9.7 inch -Lifetime Replacements Warranty - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories
image.jpeg

Reactions: Chopstix Kid

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers