Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Chopstix Kid

20160528_212743.jpg

3 days of flying on bright sunny days with the Shield K1 have really taken its toll on the fun factor. Even with a 70-degree shade the the K1's screen proved simply to be too reflective without enough brightness. I found it very difficult to justify the loss of GPS and an integrated HDMI port but in the end, the tablet needs to be usable in a variety of conditions. The K1 is an amazing piece of hardware packed full of performance and features but ultimately it's a tablet better suited for high shade or indoor use and I had to bid farewell and welcome in the Pro 9.7. Thanks @Jussaguy ! :confused::confused::confused:

EDIT: I ended up returning the Wi-Fi version and picked up the Wi-Fi + cellular :eek::eek::eek:

#1 Chopstix Kid, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    RadioMike, Fplvert and dirkclod like this.
  2. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

Looking at that makes me want to swap my mini in Chop.
    Looks good :)

J Dot and Chopstix Kid like this.
  3. Chopstix Kid

Thanks man! I went in for the Mini 4 but the guy a Best Buy was kind enough to search the web and he found a site that had this for $50 less so they price matched it for me :) Still bummed about the loss of GPS but I think I'll survive.

dirkclod likes this.
  4. slowjohnny

I used my iPad initially (wifi only, so no maps) but found it very difficult to see in normal light conditions. I've been using my iPhone 6+ as of late and actually like it better since a) I can see it and b) I get the map. Congrats on the iPad pro though :)

5. Erised

I have a samsung tab 4, it had a clear screen guard and lots of reflection outside, so I got anti glare screen guard (matt finish) no glare in the house but outside no glare and you can barely see the image! It made it worse! Everything is light grey, so the anti reflection is off now I will just have to live with it, my monitor hood helps and I need a bigger budget for a better tablet.

6. Chopstix Kid

Check out this thread

HOW TO: Optimize Apple device for the best DJI GO app performance

If you're not going to tether your mobile phone, check out that setting about caching the maps. I think that's the ticket for the maps. And thanks!

7. Chopstix Kid

I had thought about one of those anti-glare screen covers too.

8. phantom13flyer

This might be a dumb question but if you tether an ipad mini 4 to a galaxy s7 I know the maps will work but will the feature such as follow me work that requires gps??

9. Chopstix Kid

I've been researching that. There are apps that will feed GPS info from one device (ie a smarphone) to another (ie an iPad) via BT, but I'm not certain that the P4 can take advantage of that... I might just need to try it to find out. I'd prefer that over purchasing an external GPS.

10. Chopstix Kid

My wife, "For as much time as you are spending trying to figure out this GPS thing, just go get the GPS model and be done with it!"

I love my wife :)

ftttu likes this.
  11. TheLightSpeedz

[​IMG]

That my friend is a full iPad Pro (the guys version) with a sunshade and MaxxDBS!

Of course the sunshade is getting replaced because it's not what ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Chopstix Kid and ftttu like this.
  12. TheLightSpeedz

On my iPad pro the speakers are so loud it scares me when it says "your phantom will return home now". I jump every time.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

phantom13flyer likes this.
  13. Chopstix Kid

The K1 was the same way... 2 forward facing speakers!

14. Fplvert

True that!
    I'm also loving the iPad Pro 9.7". The size is perfect for the holder, and the screen brightness is impressive.

hoodivision

Amazon.com: [3-Pack] SUPERSHIELDZ- Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protector For Apple iPad Pro 9.7 inch -Lifetime Replacements Warranty - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories
    image.jpeg

Chopstix Kid likes this.