Juneau, Alaska

Beautiful! I have always wanted to visit Alaska, and even told my wife I wouldn't mind living there!

Ps did you take those pictures of the northern lights???

Beautiful! I have always wanted to visit Alaska, and even told my wife I wouldn't mind living there!

Ps did you take those pictures of the northern lights???

I did. We don't get to see them very often in Juneau due to the persistent cloud cover, but when we do it's pretty spectacular. There are some amazing photographers in Juneau that get far better results. I'm still a rookie shooting them.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Juneau is an amazing place. I visited last year and enjoyed a helicopter flight up to the Mendenhall Glacier. That was one of the most brilliant experiences I have ever experienced. Happy memories :).

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Sooo jealous. I want to visit AK.

Juneau is an amazing place. I visited last year and enjoyed a helicopter flight up to the Mendenhall Glacier. That was one of the most brilliant experiences I have ever experienced. Happy memories :).

I live less than a mile away from Mendenhall Lake. As you could tell, I love flying there. I haven't taken the helicopter ride yet, but I was able to get my P3 out to the face of it. Here is the video. I took off from nugget falls and flew about 4000ft out which was the limit that day for the P3S (I'm looking at upgrading to P3A or P3P which would easily get me over the glacier). Here are the highlights from that flight.

You are one lucky guy living in such a beautiful part of the world. Thanks for sharing the video. It brings back more good memories as well. Following the copter flight I took a trip up to the lake and walked into where the waterfall is.

I instantly recognised the point from where your P3 took off from.

Here is my footage taken without P3 from the same place. It was the most beautiful day 75F at 60 degrees north in May amazing.

Oh I forgot here is the footage I took from the copter flight above the glacier. An experience never to be forgotten :)

That looks really cool. I may have to check that out this summer. I was able to kayak across the lake and hike up onto the glacier. I actually went into a small glacial cave which was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had. Here is the video (not taken from a phantom). The video also has some footage from a Tracy Arm trip.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik