Jumpy video

Reaction score
New to the aerial video thing. I have taken video of my house using Point of Interest. During playback, it has a lot of latency and doesn't play back smoothly. I would think this to be a function of processor speed and other computer software/hardware. However, I have no problem viewing what others have posted on-line, negating this line of thinking. How do I turn my sketchy video into something smooth running?

Scott

Im still pretty sure its your PC. You can view other people's video's fine, because after they upload it to youtube, its recoded at a much lower bitrate. Try uploading your own "jumpy" video to youtube (vimeo, ..), and it will probably play back just fine when you watch it there. If not, post the link here.

Another issue can be the sdcard/usb port. Try copying the video to your local harddrive and play it from there.

Reactions: Oso and flyboy73
Are you using 2k7 or 4k?
It can also depend on the players you use on your PC.
Some are better at 4k for a given PC configuration.

Video after uploading to YouTube can be found here
. I'm not impressed, but I know what it can do, so it is apparently operator error. It started life as 4K, took about two hours to upload to YT. I've tried playing it from the SD card, burned to and played from a DVD, and tried from my hard drive. All have the same result.

I'm not too savvy on video stuff but I can follow directions. Educate me please!

Scott

Video after uploading to YouTube can be found here
. I'm not impressed, but I know what it can do, so it is apparently operator error. It started life as 4K, took about two hours to upload to YT. I've tried playing it from the SD card, burned to and played from a DVD, and tried from my hard drive. All have the same result.

I'm not too savvy on video stuff but I can follow directions. Educate me please!

Scott
First step. Make your video public so we can see it. :)

Just reviewed the video in my post above. Doesn't look too bad when viewed on this site. Now review it in YT and it looks like there are significant compression losses.

Scott

Your video is marked as private, only you can see it on youtube. Change it to public (or unlisted)

OK, should be good to go. I'm standing by in case you guys still have problems.

Watching in 4k. Not that bad.
Seems to be worst when the P3 move, still video are good.
Are you using ND filters?
They help to keep the shutter speed at correct value, yours is probably high like 1/200 or smaller.
For smooth video is is recommended to set it as one divide by twice the frame rate. With 25 fps, the aperture should be 1/50.

It doesnt look too bad to me. Its still 4K, but of course, youtube reduced the quality and I dont have a 4K capable display, so Im looking at 1080P. I occasionally see some blurring that could be from vibrations, but you are flying at high speed and recording at just 30FPS. I dont see any stuttering though?

You could try recording in 1080P60 to get smoother video especially when flying or moving fast. But I dont see anything thats inherently wrong.

And man, your internet must be slow if that short clip took 2 hours to upload!

Thanks guys, I'll try your recommendations. I recorded the same scene at 1080p and got a smooth reaction. Combined with your inputs, I should be good to go.

No filters as of yet, I'm still learning the basic stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20