'Jumpy video'

Reaction score
Hello all.

Any idea why my Vision 2+ would keep giving me jumpy videos. It's like stop-start which is very unreliable & irritating. Am I missing something?

Ps....I should have posted this in the Photo & Video thread - apologies! (Don't know how to move it now)

Try a different program to view the video file. Some work better than others.
I had the same problem. They play fine on my iPad but not on my IBM laptop. Started using the video player that came with Windows 8? And gave up using aftermarket players.
Hope this is the FIX for you.

It could be the video isn't recorded properly or it isn't being played back properly. You need to know which.

If your memory card has the word "class" on it, then it should be at least class 10 (10mbps). If it's an UHS chip then you are fine - those chips have HS on them and a scoop symbol with a number above. If it's below that speed you won't be able to record video on it properly. To identify your chip look here:

https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/speed_class/

If the video is recorded properly then it could be the playback. For playback make sure to copy it to your PC (or ***shudder*** Mac) and play it from your hard drive rather than from the memory card. Try a different PC to be sure.

Also might want to try formatting your card...I know writing deleting writing deleting leaves chunks of data here and there that interfere with the writing process at times and a format helps...also as mentioned playing off the card is a big no no...copy to hard drive first...vlc media player is a great player for our file structures.

It's probably the computer can't play HD video at least not at 1080p
Can it play other video at that resolution e.g. youtube?
You could try recording at a lower resolution 720p is considered better by some especially the 60fps setting.

Good points made about the SDcard, however the supplied one is only class4 so doesn't need to be blazing fast as the bitrate is quite low. Always do formatting in camera using the app - not in the computer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31