(July 18 2014) Vision+ fresh out of the box setup firmware

Re: (July 18 2014) Vision+ fresh out of the box setup firmwa

Mezzerin said:
I just unpacked the Vision+. After turning it on i noticed the camera is slightly pointed to the left while placed on a flat surface table. Is this something that is correctable in the software or is it a hardware fault? Does it need calibration?
It's probably fine. If you pick it up and turn it left and right, the gimbal should yaw slightly left and right slightly delayed from your movements.
Mine seemed to get better after the firmware update.

Some editing after first 2 flights :cool:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xAb9UUSeOs[/youtube]

w0by said:
My brother taught me when you're done flying, to not land it on the ground because half the time it'll tip over and break the props

Just an FYI. I have 70+ flights. I have never had a tip over...taking off or landing...props have never touched anything by air (and a few unfortunate insects).

Dirty Bird said:
w0by said:
My brother taught me when you're done flying, to not land it on the ground because half the time it'll tip over and break the props

Just an FYI. I have 70+ flights. I have never had a tip over...taking off or landing...props have never touched anything by air (and a few unfortunate insects).
+1.
I always land manually and have never tipped over. No reason for it unless you're hitting the ground with horizontal momentum. Or landing on a slope.

Tip.
When landing, don't use CSC to stop the motors. Just hold the left stick down for 5 seconds.
CSC gives it control input that can rev the motor on one side and and cause it to tip.

Mezzerin said:
I just unpacked the Vision+. After turning it on i noticed the camera is slightly pointed to the left while placed on a flat surface table. Is this something that is correctable in the software or is it a hardware fault? Does it need calibration?
Mine does that too. It seems to wander sometimes left or right but always works fine in the air.
It think it's trying to compensate for random vibrations detected by the IMU or changes in magnetic field that the compass is detecting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1