Join the poll to have stats about 1.9 FW

Are you happy with 1.9 FW update?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
That immersion tester is no good, it's not consistent.

I just tested mine the other day, I'm in Canada
so FCC mode

GL658C & Gl658B both had same values on FW. 1.8.1

4d64d1d78aef5b85a64599fcd9131080.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
With the same meter on a GL 300A RC, I get 23 dB. I think the B and C versions have slightly less power.

Hmm... Just bought a P3A on a "lightning deal" on Amazon for $599 + $40 tax. When I receive it, what fw do you suggest I update to? I used to have the Standard, and immediately updating that to the latest fw was a mistake.

I'm in the same boat and would like to know this as well

I'm in the same boat and would like to know this as well

On other threads, people have suggested to me simply flying it straight out of the box on whatever fw it's on as long as it's not v1.5. From what I've heard, the earlier the better pretty much (down to v1.4, and excluding v1.5). I'm hoping it won't be updated past v1.4 when it arrives because I would like to use v1.4. But, if it's past v1.4, I would likely just keep updating 1 by 1 and flying in between updates (again, excluding v1.5) until I find a fw that works well. Others have said just to update it to the latest fw, but with all the problems people have been having with v1.9, I'd rather not risk that. And, if I stay at a lower fw, I'll still have the option to update it to the latest, anyway.

Reactions: douggie1212
By the way, once i spoke with a girl who works for DJI. She said that DJI has specific people who come to work only to test the drones. The question i asked was how good are the new firmwares. and she said, that before releasing new firmwares this people, testers, fly with this firmware a lot, and only after they release it.
Are you expecting them to tell you they release the software without testing it just to get a reaction from their users ?

With the same meter on a GL 300A RC, I get 23 dB. I think the B and C versions have slightly less power.

300 and 658 are different so it is possible and also, what firmware are you on WetDog?

It's a shame the poll won't let you view the results until after you cast a vote. What about people who are still on the fence about 1.9? and who might have just clicked Yes/NO just to see the results..

300 and 658 are different so it is possible and also, what firmware are you on WetDog?

1,6 - I don't 'upgrade' unless I see a compelling reason to do so.

/start rant

I must have a dozen devices that run upgradable firmware. Let's see. All three Nikon DLSR, several controllers for them (Camera Axe, Cam Ranger), iPhones, iPads, iThises and iThats, the inReach, the boat electronics - Multi function displays, sonars, radios, autopilot. And that's just off the top of my head.

I could spend my entire free time reading up on the various 'upgrades'. Even then, manufacturers give you so little technical information as to make it a crap shoot. I also know, from long and unpleasant experience that installing new firmware is often a prolonged episode of annoyance and irritation. Even mighty Apple who limits hardware choices to a relatively small number, can't be arsed to get it right. (I never upgrade Apple software until the x.3 revision.)

And DJI is pretty much at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to providing a decent firmware install experience. Having cut my teeth on PIC processors in the '90s it's almost nostalgic. I can't imagine what it's like for someone who has little experience in this bizarre bit of humanity.

So I'm not in any terrible hurry to reflash the firmware every time DJI gets some ants in their pants.

/end rant

Last edited:
Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1