John Knox's Pulpit in Fife, Scotland

Any Historical significance?

Another member, @ukglyn, frequently posts UK sights of interest and adds a wee bit of background about the subject.

A nice touch for us Yanks (and others)!

No pressure, just a thought.

Yeah i forgot to add it :p

So there some information about it but not a lot as there not a lot been said about it

The steep-sided peaks of East and West Lomond are volcanic in origin. Along the edges of the sandstone bed at the foot of the scarp slopes are several strangely eroded outcrops, the most famous of which are the Bunnet Stane and John Knox’s Pulpit, so named because it is believed to be a spot where covenanters held conventicles in the 17th century. There are also strange outcrops in the columnar jointing at the edge of the dolerite sill on Bishop Hill, most notably Carlin Maggie.

Yeah i forgot to add it :p

So there some information about it but not a lot as there not a lot been said about it

The steep-sided peaks of East and West Lomond are volcanic in origin. Along the edges of the sandstone bed at the foot of the scarp slopes are several strangely eroded outcrops, the most famous of which are the Bunnet Stane and John Knox’s Pulpit, so named because it is believed to be a spot where covenanters held conventicles in the 17th century. There are also strange outcrops in the columnar jointing at the edge of the dolerite sill on Bishop Hill, most notably Carlin Maggie.

Thanks.
I look forward to more!!
(no pressure ;))

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers