Jiggle when ascending fast

Reaction score
Hi All,

When I ascend fast there is a noticeable shimmy or jiggle in my drone. I have a v1.1.1 with vision 2 props. I have adjusted gain to 150% and hovering/maneuvering is silky smooth, but when I ascend fast there is a jiggle which negatively effects video.

Is there a way to correct this or potentially correct it without having to go back to v1 props?

Search for Vortex Ring State.

I assume you mean ascend and not descend? If so VRS is not an issue IMHO.VRS is caused by flying through the disturbed air, thus generating less lift. Ascending pulls you away from the turbulence and is therefore not affected.

If this is at full up stick, it may be that a motor is not responding at quite the same speed as the others, so you are getting asymmetric lift. The controller then compensates by reducing lift on the other motors - hence the jiggle. Try slightly less than full stick, as this will give the controller a little leeway to boost this motor above the level of the others.

mlees said:
Hi All,

When I ascend fast there is a noticeable shimmy or jiggle in my drone. I have a v1.1.1 with vision 2 props. I have adjusted gain to 150% and hovering/maneuvering is silky smooth, but when I ascend fast there is a jiggle which negatively effects video.

Is there a way to correct this or potentially correct it without having to go back to v1 props?

You might want to experiment by lowering/fine tuning your gains. If gains are too high you'll get oscillation. Just a reminder re: gains - first 4 gains (pitch/roll/yaw/vertical) = how aircraft reacts to conditions. The second set (atti gains - pitch/roll) = how aircraft reacts to stick input.

EMCSQUAR said:
mlees said:
Hi All,

You might want to experiment by lowering/fine tuning your gains. If gains are too high you'll get oscillation. Just a reminder re: gains - first 4 gains (pitch/roll/yaw/vertical) = how aircraft reacts to conditions. The second set (atti gains - pitch/roll) = how aircraft reacts to stick input.

Thanks EMCsquare. Should the first set of gains be set uniformly IE should they all be set to 150%? Where do I find the settings for the second set of gains ie ATTI gains?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4