Jerky video cures?

Reaction score
I took my P3s out on the weekend for the first time, and my video has turned out to be jerky. I am using a Samsung tablet model GT-P5210. I saw the image was jerky, but thought that the video file would play ok on the pc. But not so, its still stutters. Are there any settings that I can play with to
smooth the movement?
Thanks.

Uh oh! I have that same model and it is really bad for video lag.

It was on sale at Costco and it breaks up awful. Being a 10.1" screen it doesn't fit the holder without an extension (Amazon $10), and even then the plug on the bottom is in the middle of the RC clamp so you have to offset the tablet a bit for the USB cable or teeter it on the plug itself. Some of the lag may be the Android OS and all the stuff Samsung installed as bloatware that slows the intensive DJI Go down.

I also have their S6 Edge phone and even though it is on the approved DJI list, it also breaks up and lags but not as bad as their tablet. I even have had ads pop up on the S6 which are really annoying. Why Samsung has installed so much stuff one cannot get rid of is really a bad idea. My tablet now, with a lot of apps, will slow down to the point I need to reboot it as the screen stops responding quickly and takes several seconds to respond. Some of the stuff just auto-loads (Facebook, etc.) in the background as do a lot of apps with spyware that need access to whatever at times per their agreement you sign off on. I don't know if you can root the devices to just a basic OS system without all the sundry stuff.

I since left Android for using with the DJI Go app and went to Apple iPad Air 2 + cellular for the P4 which is worlds ahead of the Samsung in terms of video lag, etc. No breakups and lagging at all so far. Wasn't a fan of Apple, but not having all that bloatware as part of the OS (by design, or carrier) is nice. Their "Lightning" connector and associated hardware is much faster in speed too than the USB off the Androids for streaming video.

It's got a lot to do with what apps are loaded/running on the device, as well. I've found it best to have a dedicated device for my drones, not try to run ANYTHING other than the basics required for operating my bird. My best option for my Standard ended up being a Fire HD 6", but even it had lag until I wiped it clean and went back with just DJI Go.

Welcome to the world of P3S! I started with an iPhone 6 and video was perfect. I switched to my mini iPad (original version) for a bigger screen experience and video breakup was constant. Clearly it couldn't handle it. I just yesterday switched back to my 6. I'd rather have a good small screen than a bad big one...

Reactions: jointeffort
I took my P3s out on the weekend for the first time, and my video has turned out to be jerky. I am using a Samsung tablet model GT-P5210. I saw the image was jerky, but thought that the video file would play ok on the pc. But not so, its still stutters. Are there any settings that I can play with to
smooth the movement?
Thanks.
Are you talking about the videos off the sd card? Or live while you are flying it?

Rod

Rod, a good question.....Altho the tablet was jerky while flying, I expected the card to play ok if removed from the camera & plugged into the pc. But it is still jerky!!!
I have confirmed the tablet is a Samsung P3, so its on the list.
Is there a site that explains how to shut down apps that can slow it down? Thanks,
Adrian
PS I would prefer a tablet sized monitor as age & diabetes has caused eye damage and I would not be able to read info off a phone display.

Last edited:
Rod, a good question.....Altho the tablet was jerky while flying, I expected the card to play ok if removed from the camera & plugged into the pc. But it is still jerky!!!
Is there a site that explains how to shut down apps that can slow it down? Thanks,
Adrian
PS I would prefer a tablet sized monitor as age & diabetes has caused eye damage and I would not be able to read info off a phone display.
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help
Look for Mobile device fixes

So is this related?
Standard - Why is my video jerky

Rod

Did you mean me to look under those categories on this site! I cant find those headings so far....
Adrian

Did you mean me to look under those categories on this site! I cant find those headings so far....
Adrian
Click on the link above, that is msingers Phantom Help web site.

Rod

Adrian

if you play the video directly from the SD card on PC it will stutter.
The usb speed cant keep up.

copy to pc hard drive and see how it plays then.
if still stutters then PC may not be up to memory/cpu needed

Google " shut down apps "
Google

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl