JelloCam?

Reaction score
[vimeo]95212055[/vimeo]

Hi,

Shot this for a client yesterday. Have had my P2V+ for several weeks now, and the jellocam persists. I'm not sure if my unit (I feel like my gimbal isn't quite right) or if everyone is getting this.

Can anyone chime in? Are you all getting this odd vibration?

Thanks.

photomikey said:
[vimeo]95212055[/vimeo]

Hi,

Shot this for a client yesterday. Have had my P2V+ for several weeks now, and the jellocam persists. I'm not sure if my unit (I feel like my gimbal isn't quite right) or if everyone is getting this.

Can anyone chime in? Are you all getting this odd vibration?

Thanks.

If you're editing in Premiere, try to use the Warp Stabilization.
Otherwise, if you wanted professional looking work, you should have gotten a professional gimbal;
not the all in one that is suppose to appeal to the person who wants to use it for "fun".
You can try to add a make shift absorption plate, but otherwise it'll probably be relatively jello-y.

Looks like you are flying in FPV mode try switching to (I think the term is) Stabilized.

I haven't had any jello problems, so you may have problems with your gimbal. Using this professionally is okay. This is not a toy, despite what some snobby posters seem to think. Geez.

If you're editing in Premiere, try to use the Warp Stabilization.
Otherwise, if you wanted professional looking work, you should have gotten a professional gimbal;
not the all in one that is suppose to appeal to the person who wants to use it for "fun".
You can try to add a make shift absorption plate, but otherwise it'll probably be relatively jello-y.

I'm sorry but i don't agree with you.
On dji's website there are many marketing videos lookings perfect without any artifact
The vision plus is the brother of the P2 with Zen,have the same gimbal setup but not have the same quality of stabilization.
I have the same problem with the jello you can look at this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whJxAJJPTmY

I've heard that other owners who have the same problem.
If you look at the dampers are totally different from those of zenmuse,why?
I tried to replace them with zenmuse's dampers but the video gets worse.

I hope it is a defective unit and I am contacting my seller to replace it

Could be hardware (gimbal - it was for me). I believe the Jello effect is the unintentional vibration from a faulty gimbal or the props, if the latter than prop balancing might help

I updated my firmware and it significantly improved the video of my phantom. I know opinions are divided on the latest firmware but it improved this issue on mine
Steve

gd427driver said:
I updated my firmware and it significantly improved the video of my phantom. I know opinions are divided on the latest firmware but it improved this issue on mine
Steve

Do you know if there was more to the update then just slower descend speed. Trying to understand how this could impact video?
Like to have better video, but if the update is only for limiting the speed I rater not update for now.

4wd said:
There is a gimbal update - separate from the main 3.02 firmware.

Not able to see that, have 3.0 installed and has same gimbal version as what DJI has on their website for latest updates available?

3-axis Gimbal V1.0.0.4 2014-04-07 Am I missing something?

jello is caused from high frequency vibrations. The large majority of the time this is caused by the props needing to be balanced. While the stock props are "usually" really good, once in a while you might need to tweak one a little. If the props are nicely balanced then you might be able to get rid of it by replacing the gimbal balls with different ones.

kgarrison said:
jello is caused from high frequency vibrations. The large majority of the time this is caused by the props needing to be balanced. While the stock props are "usually" really good, once in a while you might need to tweak one a little. If the props are nicely balanced then you might be able to get rid of it by replacing the gimbal balls with different ones.

and balance the silver ones for sure
not sure why the die for them is off but ive had 10 sets of DJI props and almost every black one is perfect and 90 % of the silver ones need some work
usually just the blades but a few have had hubs off balance as well
and it makes a big difference in vibrations
Harder to tell on the Plus with the gimble but my Vision you could really see it

I tried this after seeing someone use ear plugs.... Seems to have worked for the most part.. I imagine you'll need to experiment with the amount..

I tore up a piece of a cotton ball and jammed it in the rubber gimbal mount(s) using a tiny screw driver. How much, not enough for me to think it would make a difference... But it did.. My test flight was pretty windy too..
In the one shot you'll notice I installed tie wraps through 2 of the rubber insulators. At 1 point I thought the fancy plastic "clips" might be transmitting vibrations down to the gimbal.. Especially since I noticed that amount of movement that the grommets were allowing.

Hope this helps.

p.s. No I never balanced the props.. I haven't found a method I'm happy with yet.. I'll try that next..

Attachments

• screenshot.107.jpeg
    screenshot.107.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 277
  • screenshot.108.jpeg
    screenshot.108.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 274

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members