Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Jello

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joeg1937, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Joeg1937

i realize that this has been covered many times before, but now it has happened to me and I don't like it, it seems if I fly too fast I get jello, I have put a neutral density filter on my lens but that does not help, has anyone else had a problem with going forward at too high a speed ? Thanks for your help

2. Chicago1

[QUreal high "Joeg1937, post: 343341, member: 8138"]i realize that this has been covered many times before, but now it has happened to me and I don't like it, it seems if I fly too fast I get jello, I have put a neutral density filter on my lens but that does not help, has anyone else had a problem with going forward at too high a speed ? Thanks for your help[/QUOTE]
    At real high speeds, you might deal with more than Jello - RIP.

3. PhantomFanatic

I don't know for certain, but if you have a high quality 3D Gimbal, in my mind, the wide angle lens could be the problem. I see it when the camera's angle changes when close to ground. This is the price for the lens with the Hero versions.

Does anyone experience it with non-Hero cameras? I can only suggest slow angle changes when close to the ground. I keep thinking they will come out with replaceable lens. I'm surprised that it hasn't happened.

As a SCUBA Instructor and teaching U/W photography, there were solutions. It should have happened to RC by now. I imagine a different gimbal with a more advanced camera, will solve these video effects.

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

Joeg1937, have you tried balancing your props? I have three sets of OEM props and all were a little off balance. I'm guessing the jello effect will be more noticeable as you fly faster, so that could be the cause of your problem.

I use the SpeedyTM prop balancer. There are other options here.

#4 msinger, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  5. Joeg1937

Yes I have balanced my props with the DuBro bancer, just have to fly slower I guess, thanks for the replies.....