Jello when flying in two dimensions (down + forward, backwards + up, etc)

CKP

Reaction score
Otherwise all is great. Is this normal, ie. just normal flight limitations due to physics or something? When I take off, I almost always religiously fly forward and up... jello gets recorded. When I land, I also often do descent + forward motion. Jello happens pretty much always.

Shall I just get used to it? There is hardly any jello, mostly beautiful, stable flight when doing one movement at a time.

I see the same thing. I have a particular Litchi test mission in which most waypoints do not involve altitude changes, but some do, while ALL waypoints involve yaw changes to maintain POI focus. I have seen a lot of jello between waypoints that involve simultaneous yaw and vertical changes, but no jello between waypoints with just yaw changes. This test mission maintains constant speed throughout the entire mission; no speed changes. So the only changes are yaw for POI focus, or simultaneous yaw plus altitude. The results seem consistent across multiple test missions, and various mission speeds, and various wind conditions and lighting conditions. Bad jello if both yaw and altitude change simultaneously.

I have balanced props very carefully, with multiple sets of props, trying to get rid of this jello, but the phenomenon persists. I've ordered a new set of motors, just to be sure there isn't a motor balance issue, but I have doubts that this will cure the problem. We will see.

OK, glad to know I am not alone. This is terribly frustrating because to make flights more interesting and efficient, I often do two types of movements at the same time. I even customized the stick controls to make that easy. So when I depart, I almost always do forward (or backwards , away from me but looking at me) and ascend... Otherwise, movies would be boring and take twice as long to get to the same spot (ie. diminished efficiency per flight). Can we ask DJI? Are they reading this?

You are not alone. I have the same problem. Jello ať the climb, hovering. Sometimes yes sometimes no. I'm angry.

Something tells me Phantom is just not advanced enough to successfully overcome all the flight mission difficulties we throw at it. Mine does really well when hovering and in most movements given I am moving in one direction at a time (no jello at all). But I guess it's asking too much to combine complex rotor movements in more than one dimension, ie. when going forward and up, etc... Perhaps the physics of it is just too demanding? It still does remarkably well, but the jello can be horrible too...

My last hope. I try to change the antivibration dumpers ball. Two original Dji, two other producer. Different hardness. Different frequencies of vibration. I hope so.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic