Japan's agricultural drones, and they're BIG

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
These things are monsters made by Yamaha! Very cool!

WOW! and Amazon is doing what?

- loved the second video..

Whats with the blue booties? Radioactive dirt?

And it fly's over power lines!

And the operator practices safe flying and never flew over people as with those blades and a Yamaha 70cc for power it would be a blender from hell!...

Good Find TJ!

One Question for Yamaha...
cash_zpsp9vkypdm.gif

Reactions: dirkclod
with those blades and a Yamaha 70cc for power it would be a blender from hell!...

It's quite a bit bigger than that .... The RMAX is flown by a 250cc two stroke dual barreled engine with a single carburetor.

One Question for Yamaha...
cash_zpsp9vkypdm.gif
I can't find details for the US but in Australia you can't buy the RMax. They only supply it as a fully maintained rental.

They have been flying since 1997 so they aren't anything new. There are over 2600 in Japan.
They have been approved for use by the FAA http://www.techtimes.com/articles/5...s-yamaha-rmax-drone-to-spray-crops-in-u-s.htm
Here's the FAQ .. http://rmax.yamaha-motor.com.au/faq

Thanks for the link to Yamaha. Good stuff. I knew they had been around awhile but I stumbled across an article today and thought to myself "self, you should post that rotor powered beast for all to see!" so I did. I imagine you could deliver kegs with that bad boy! :eek::D

4 kegs? Yeah buddy!
Those guys were good pilots. In the first video the guy is flying it down the paddy next to a row of utility poles.

4 kegs? Yeah buddy!
Those guys were good pilots. In the first video the guy is flying it down the paddy next to a row of utility poles.

I want to place an order for a keg - NOW!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj