JAG - Just Another Gimbal

Check out the spacers on the landing gear where they attach to the body of the craft. Rotorpixel needs to include something like this with theirs.

The design on this one looks good as it does not block the camera antenna like Rotorpixel but you would lose the DJI camera lens filter attachment option. Although there are other lens filter options out there that use adhesive.

Liking the fact we are seeing more and more 3rd party mods for this bird. This is a good thing for the longevity of the platform.

gfredrone said:
Check out the spacers on the landing gear where they attach to the body of the craft. Rotorpixel needs to include something like this with theirs.

The design on this one looks good as it does not block the camera antenna like Rotorpixel but you would lose the DJI camera lens filter attachment option. Although there are other lens filter options out there that use adhesive.

Liking the fact we are seeing more and more 3rd party mods for this bird. This is a good thing for the longevity of the platform.

Yes and with the spacers there still doesn't seem to be enough clearance for full down tilt.. If you notice it has to be lifted up to demonstrate this. Just not a lot of room under there and I would think this is always going to be a problem for a under slung gimbal.. Works good but I wouldn't want to land in the tilt position :?

That's a shiny looking gimbal! Like the idea of some custom spacers to increase the "ride height" but using the mounts where a filter kit would go looks like using that with this one isn't an easy option. Although the tilt motor isn't as close to the camera body as they other gimbals it's still close to the antenna on that side - there's not really another option, though, is there? Initial results from dronexpert gimbal users are that there isn't much if any effect on wifi range but I haven't seen any definitive range tests yet...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31