I've just fitted a DBS antenna...maybe wrong? 4k

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I've just spent the past few hours fitting a DBS antenna to my P3 4K. When I turned everything on I had a signal and seemed like it was working well with my Phantom.

Although I couldn't test it in flight the WiFi connected as normal, the gimbal moved sideways and up an down, all the buttons work and I had no errors pop up.

However the last white battery light is flashing. The first led turns green as usual and as I'm not fully charged the first two white LEDs are lit but the third one is flashing and the fourth is of course off.

I can't remember if that's normal behaviour as i have a bad memory or have I done something wrong?

When the controller is off and I press the power button the battery level works as usual, again with the third led flashing.

I'll be gutted if I've broke the controller.

Thanks!

Last edited:
That indicates the remaining power in your batteries and that is normal. 2 on and the third flashing you have between 50 and 75% left in you RC battery. When the second light flashes its time to recharge the remote because you are close to 25% battery.

Reactions: CaptainMoonlight
That indicates the remaining power in your batteries and that is normal. 2 on and the third flashing you have between 50 and 75% left in you RC battery. When the second light flashes its time to recharge the remote because you are close to 25% battery.
Ah that's great news. I couldn't remember if the battery lights are always solid. I don't think I ever noticed that it flashes.

You've helped me avoid a sleepless night as I was getting stressed out and worried I had messed it up. Thank you.

(Let's hope it was worth the time, effort, stress and voided warranty!)

Glad I could help, one more thing never take off with only one light on, don't take a chance running out of power and it's better for the battery not to drain to low.

If your flying in a low noise area you are going to be very pleased .Father out you go just be sure and hold your aim steady .

If your flying in a low noise area you are going to be very pleased .Father out you go just be sure and hold your aim steady .
Yes I have read about the importance of aim when using the DBS. I've often wondered if there is an immediate fall off of signal if your aim is off? Will the phantom, controller and the app reconnect when the signal is back?

Fingers crossed I will gain some distance to make the whole thing worthwhile.

Mine always has .Aiming and holding dead steady as possible is really important .75% of my flights are out and back
and what I lose first is my 5.8 . As soon as it goes into rth as long as I am still aiming at it I get it back quick .

Mine always has .Aiming and holding dead steady as possible is really important .75% of my flights are out and back
and what I lose first is my 5.8 . As soon as it goes into rth as long as I am still aiming at it I get it back quick .
How come I always lose my 2.4 first at 2.5km, then 5.8 at 3.5km...

I don't know , maybe location. I'm FCC and have always lost 5.8 first .I think it's my aiming
I normally hit RTH on the most of my flights because of the battery .Now I am in the country on a hill flying out and no noise other than the animals .
Maybe that's just my weak side with the itelite panel . I could fix that with amps but I just won't use em . Would need to do battery mod if I did
and not gonna do that ether . Here were 2 good trips and ya see what my battery was at . I have to watch the winds here because there will
none when I get up the start up on RTH trip .Both of these trips I hit RTH myself .
3.2.jpg 20,000.PNG Now my other flying spot I will lose 5.8 but is in different location .Here I have to go higher because of a power line
I have to clear IMG_4166.PNG . Hardly any of my runs are the same . Some longer, some shorter .

Ah good to know thanks. In a separate note should I have put some glue from my hot glue gun to the DBS connectors (the ones I removed the silicone from).

I just closed the controller and screwed it all back :/

Ah good to know thanks. In a separate note should I have put some glue from my hot glue gun to the DBS connectors (the ones I removed the silicone from).

I just closed the controller and screwed it all back :/
Yes you should have . Might be fine but I wouldn't trust them not to pop off .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik