I've about had it with my new P3A

pounder35, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

I found this firmware update walkthrough on YouTube. Maybe it'll help? I haven't gone through the steps yet...my P3P arrives on Thursday.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do you have the bin file on your SD card at its root?

At first I had an SD card with a few folders in it. So I formatted the card and copied the .bin file onto it. So I assume it went to the root. No visible folders. I didn't have time to work with it today but I'll play with it tonight. I flew a bit this morning after laying out a new waypoint mission and it seemed to be running the mission but my FPV and voice feedback were terrible. I landed and flew again with DJI GO and everything was fine.

I had a fly away Saturday night with my phantom 2 plus. No sign of its whereabouts. Got the last gps location but no drone. Going to buy a P3 Pro or a Inspire 1 and wanted to know if anyone has experienced fly away issues with them. Thanks for any assistance guys

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I lost my P2V and now have the P3A. As far as I can tell it ended up in a lake even though the "find my aircraft" feature showed it on shore but close to the lake. So now I have the P3A and the Litchi app only works at 50% as far as features. Waypoint missions aren't working, voice warnings are terrible, and FPV is almost nonexistent. It'll all work out eventually. Chin up and keep flying. :)

Maybe I'm not giving it enough time. The memory card never shows anything except the files I copied to it. No success or failure text added. I'll try again today. Thanks!!!!
Did you extraxt the file before loading onto SD card? it's a Bin file, sounds like you may not have extracted them, just a thought

Did you extraxt the file before loading onto SD card? it's a Bin file, sounds like you may not have extracted them, just a thought

I did. the card showed the .bin file and a .pdf file. I deleted the .pdf leaving just the .bin file on the card. I inserted the card into the slot on the camera/gimbal and turned on the battery. I've a few tutorials on this. One just a few minutes ago on the DroneNerds website. That tutorial used the P3P but I figure the procedure would be the same for my P3A. I've had the card in about 15 min and have a steady green light on the front of the gimbal. It started out blinking. The tutorial mentioned some "beep" indicatores but I haven't heard a thing. I'm going to give it a little longer and read the card to see if I get a "success" message. I went back to the 1.4 version since updating from that is when my problems started. If the aircraft update works this time I'll do the controller next. One thing I just noticed is the "link" light is red. I believe it's supposed to be green. This is an unbelievable amount of BS for an aircraft only a month old. :(

Had the same problem. Very frustrating! Then I found out that I was trying to use the file for the Pro. The same download file exists for the Adv. You just have to look for it, it's hidden. Success on the first try.

Ignore the beeps and lights. Go for the steady green light on the camera. Then check the .txt file.

One of the most useful hints that I picked up from here is to wait until the tiny little LED on the gimbal turns solid green. No waiting around listening for silly beeps and squeaks.
Yes I do agree with you. Seeing led solid green is better than hearing and deciphering the beep sounds.

Ignore the beeps and lights. Go for the steady green light on the camera. Then check the .txt file.

I've had the steady green for about 20 minutes but I'm going to let it run while I do a few errands then I'll check the card for the text file.

After over an hour it appears the upgrade failed. A new folder was on the card "DCIM" but no text file to let me know the upgrade was successful. I finally got the motors to start with the Litchi app but the DJI GO app. I'll try a quick test flight this afternoon. I'd like to take it to show my stepson tomorrow when I visit them for a late Christmas. I'm going to remove the DJI app and re-install it to see if it makes any difference.

Last edited:
A new folder was on the card "DCIM" but no text file to let me know the upgrade was successful.
That means your Phantom did not attempt to install the firmware. It sounds like you missed a step somewhere in my instructions. I'm guessing you either do not have the P3A BIN in the root of the memory card or you have other files on your memory card too.

That means your Phantom did not attempt to install the firmware. It sounds like you missed a step somewhere in my instructions. I'm guessing you either do not have the P3A BIN in the root of the memory card or you have other files on your memory card too.

I had formatted the card ( a 3G ) that I reuse for stuff like this. There were no folders so I copied the .bin file to the card. I'm assuming I was in the root directory.

I'm assuming I was in the root directory.
You most likely either were not in the root or you copied the zipped firmware file to the root. The TXT file will be generated if the firmware installation is successful or fails.

I had formatted the card ( a 3G ) that I reuse for stuff like this. There were no folders so I copied the .bin file to the card. I'm assuming I was in the root directory.
Have you tried a different card? I don't know why people think a reformat is needed prior to placing the bin file on it. If that's your approach, only reformat it from the go app, is my opinion. I use the card that I've been recording video with all along. I simply delete all files from the card, not a reformat. If anything, I reformat after the update is completely done. I suspect reformatting cards, especially when it's not done within the go app, can be the culprit in failures.

You most likely either were not in the root or you copied the zipped firmware file to the root. The TXT file will be generated if the firmware installation is successful or fails.

I'm trying again. The file is a .bin file on the card. Before extraction it had the name "1.4.0010-en". I'm try to go back to the 1.4 version. That's the last time the P3A acted right.

I'm trying again. The file is a .bin file on the card. Before extraction it had the name "1.4.0010-en". I'm try to go back to the 1.4 version. That's the last time the P3A acted right.
Please post the complete file name you're trying to load.

Have you tried a different card? I don't know why people think a reformat is needed prior to placing the bin file on it. If that's your approach, only reformat it from the go app, is my opinion. I use the card that I've been recording video with all along. I simply delete all files from the card, not a reformat. If anything, I reformat after the update is completely done. I suspect reformatting cards, especially when it's not done within the go app, can be the culprit in failures.

I'll try reformatting with the GO app. I had deleted all the files on the card then decided to reformat anyway.

P3S_FW_V01.04.0010.bin

Maybe I'll try the newest release. I wanted to go back to the earlier version. Now I can't the Litchi app to work again. It was working earlier and I got the motors started but not now. Litchi just won't connect. DJI GO just tells me "weak signal" and doesn't connect.

I've downloaded
Have you tried my instructions? They are very detailed and work well if you follow the steps exactly.

Will the firmware update to the RC take as long as it did for the aircraft? Also is the battery update a must do? What about the camera update? I'll probably end up spending 40 hours total on this. And it still might not fly. :(o_O

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31