Its trying to commit suicide.

Reaction score
After a while without flying I have attempted to take my bird out flying today with poor results. The first time it rose to about 10 feet then took a hard turn went about thirty feed distant then drove itself into the ground. The second time (after replacing two props) it did about the same thing. Another prop later I tried just easing the throttle up to see if I could attain level flight and it still seemed to want to go sideways instead of up. Luckily it just turned on its side and beat up the props a bit without really hurting them.

I did calibrate the compass before each flight. It did acquire at least eight sats before launch. Wifi was on and fully charged as was the remote. Both toggle switches were in the up position as well.

Any ideas?

I would plug it into your PC and use the assistant software and see where your numbers are at. Go ahead and do a full calibration.
Also with the aircraft off, hand spin each motor and try to detect any drag.

I would plug it into your PC and use the assistant software and see where your numbers are at. Go ahead and do a full calibration.
Also with the aircraft off, hand spin each motor and try to detect any drag.

Thanks for the advice. I had to reset my PC to factory awhile back so I need to reload the DJI software. Do you know which versions are the safest to use? I know at one time the latest versions were buggy.

LOL, I can't remember either, I am using either 3.2 or 3.4. :)
I don't think you get a choice as to which one to load, do you? I'm thinking they just give you their latest, which I think is 3.14, I just stayed with 3.08 and am happu with that.

Well I think doing the complete recalibration did the deed. It seems to be flying normally again. Although one of my batteries seems to have gone bad. It showed a 100% charge at takeoff the last flight and it went down to like 8% in maybe a minute. And I had drained it completely then recharged a short while ago. Maybe its bad from sitting for a majority of the summer. Flying season again here, we love winter, lol. Thanks very much for the help.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub