Its true! P3's are so much better then P2. Maiden flight with P3A

Reaction score
Finally got up the courage to take my P3 up. Despite having 50 cables of both Ipad and droids I get to field with about 20 mins before dusk. I do my preflight check and realize despite bringing 2 boxes full of stuff including 3 phantoms I left the bag I had holding my cords temporarily was left home. I dig through my trunk and find the small white cord I originally got for a phantom and it doesn't work. I find a ribbon cable from my beat heaphones that need to be twisted a bit but was able to just fit. I then fly it for about 12 mins because I hadn't had a fresh charge on my battery. I bring it in and slap another battery in. I then got a battery error. I took it in and out a few times and didn't know what to make of it so I slapped another one in. Same error. I was horrified! I was thinking "Oh No". Then I realized I had put my P2 batteries in. Realizing my error I went back to my case and realized my other battery was at home with the cables. So much for some good fly time. Now heres the kicker I am only about 2.5 miles from a military base and I swear every 5 mins choppers were coming in. So I only was ascending about 50 feet maybe even less and keeping in within 100-200 feet from me. I am sure In the dusk skies those blinking light stand out to those pilots even tho they are pointed down. As I sit here my choppers flying over. I guess there some night ops. Oh well theres always tomorrow.

where is the milatary base.
there are several around where i live in southern alabama

Ph2's definitely fit in P3 but I believe P2 Batts have 2 pins that get depressed and P3 has 4.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You did not really tell us what you liked about the P3 over the P2.
True. Sorry..it's much more stable. Better gps lock and quicker and up til my P3 I could or would only dare to fly 1000ft away @ 200 feet altitude. P3 Is faster as well, you can turn the front likes off and you don't have to rely on iffy wifi

Reactions: B- Scene Films
True. Sorry..it's much more stable. Better gps lock and quicker and up til my P3 I could or would only dare to fly 1000ft away @ 200 feet altitude. P3 Is faster as well, you can turn the front likes off and you don't have to rely on iffy wifi

Absolutely no comparison. The P3 is awesome. The higher you fly, the better your connections will be.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie