Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Its true! P3's are so much better then P2. Maiden flight with P3A

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by lawman0210, Oct 24, 2015.

1. lawman0210

Finally got up the courage to take my P3 up. Despite having 50 cables of both Ipad and droids I get to field with about 20 mins before dusk. I do my preflight check and realize despite bringing 2 boxes full of stuff including 3 phantoms I left the bag I had holding my cords temporarily was left home. I dig through my trunk and find the small white cord I originally got for a phantom and it doesn't work. I find a ribbon cable from my beat heaphones that need to be twisted a bit but was able to just fit. I then fly it for about 12 mins because I hadn't had a fresh charge on my battery. I bring it in and slap another battery in. I then got a battery error. I took it in and out a few times and didn't know what to make of it so I slapped another one in. Same error. I was horrified! I was thinking "Oh No". Then I realized I had put my P2 batteries in. Realizing my error I went back to my case and realized my other battery was at home with the cables. So much for some good fly time. Now heres the kicker I am only about 2.5 miles from a military base and I swear every 5 mins choppers were coming in. So I only was ascending about 50 feet maybe even less and keeping in within 100-200 feet from me. I am sure In the dusk skies those blinking light stand out to those pilots even tho they are pointed down. As I sit here my choppers flying over. I guess there some night ops. Oh well theres always tomorrow.

2. Dirby

where is the milatary base.
    there are several around where i live in southern alabama

3. B- Scene Films

You did not really tell us what you liked about the P3 over the P2.

4. 4wd

4wd

So does a P2 battery fit in the slot and make contact?
    This surprises me, I would've thought they'd make it impossible.
    Maybe putting the higher voltage P3 batteries in a P2 would turbocharge it :)

5. lawman0210

Ph2's definitely fit in P3 but I believe P2 Batts have 2 pins that get depressed and P3 has 4.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6. lawman0210

True. Sorry..it's much more stable. Better gps lock and quicker and up til my P3 I could or would only dare to fly 1000ft away @ 200 feet altitude. P3 Is faster as well, you can turn the front likes off and you don't have to rely on iffy wifi

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

B- Scene Films likes this.
  7. flyNfrank

Absolutely no comparison. The P3 is awesome. The higher you fly, the better your connections will be.