It's official phantom 4 advanced

The article says the camera is slightly better then the pro
If you are referring to: "The more powerful video processing now supports H.264 4K videos at 60fps or H.265 4K at 30fps. Unfortunately the bitrate is still only 100Mbps. The Phantom 4 Pro was able to record 60fps, but at a maximum resolution of 2.7K at 80Mbps." then no, the article is incorrect. The sentence should read "The Phantom 4 was able to record ...", not Phantom 4 Pro. The Phantom 4 Pro records at 4K/60 at 100 mbps. And the Phantom 4 Pro can hover in place without GPS using the Vision system, the Advanced model seems to have no additional capabilities there.

Ignoring the obvious errors in the article, the only differences I see are no rear and side OA and loss of the 5.8 GHz band, at a savings of only $150. No thanks.

Reactions: AIRSPACE
The article says the camera is slightly better then the pro
According to the P4A specs, the P4A and P4P cameras are identical. Here are the specs side-by-side:

Specs.jpg

Also, in the P4A FAQ, DJI lists the following differences between the P4A and P4P:

Q: What are the main differences between the Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Advanced?

A: The Phantom 4 Advanced inherits most of the functions of the Phantom 4 Pro. However, in order to increase affordability, unlike the Phantom 4 Pro the Phantom 4 Advanced does not have rear vision sensors and two infrared sensors in its FlightAutonomy system. Also, its remote controller does not support the 5.8 GHz frequency band and Tapfly Backward has been removed.

Who in their right mind would save 150 bucks on a 1500$ drone?
On the other hand, apart from avoidance obstacle in RTH, its the stupidest and most annoying feature they invented, unless youre one of the guys that swear not to open up or read a sentence in a manual and fly around like a jackass... Oh, i forgot, theres ALLOT of those guys out there :tearsofjoy:
Ive turned off everything, the beeping and flashing in the displays ruins all concentration when flying and composing...

Reactions: NetDep
Hmm I expected more of a price difference.. No real need to buy if you have a p4p and anyone with an older phantom is probably waiting for the next generation to come along.. They saw the Phantom 4 Pro last year and passed on it and are wanting more improvements/saving up money

So that leaves the person who doesn't own a phantom at the moment

and that is the person who will probably want those sensors the most in order to protect their investment as they are new to the hobby.. and because of this would probably justify buying the Phantom 4 Pro over the P4 Advanced for those sensors

Something else I noticed was there is mention of a vision position system calibration via DJI GO and not DJI assistant like we have to currently.. maybe we will see this on the p4p soon..

If you are referring to: "The more powerful video processing now supports H.264 4K videos at 60fps or H.265 4K at 30fps. Unfortunately the bitrate is still only 100Mbps. The Phantom 4 Pro was able to record 60fps, but at a maximum resolution of 2.7K at 80Mbps." then no, the article is incorrect. The sentence should read "The Phantom 4 was able to record ...", not Phantom 4 Pro. The Phantom 4 Pro records at 4K/60 at 100 mbps. And the Phantom 4 Pro can hover in place without GPS using the Vision system, the Advanced model seems to have no additional capabilities there.

Ignoring the obvious errors in the article, the only differences I see are no rear and side OA and loss of the 5.8 GHz band, at a savings of only $150. No thanks.

Thank you for clarifying

The price difference of $150 does not make this an attractive downgrade from the P4Pro IMHO.

Hmm I expected more of a price difference.. No real need to buy if you have a p4p and anyone with an older phantom is probably waiting for the next generation to come along.. They saw the Phantom 4 Pro last year and passed on it and are wanting more improvements/saving up money

So that leaves the person who doesn't own a phantom at the moment

and that is the person who will probably want those sensors the most in order to protect their investment as they are new to the hobby.. and because of this would probably justify buying the Phantom 4 Pro over the P4 Advanced for those sensors

Something else I noticed was there is mention of a vision position system calibration via DJI GO and not DJI assistant like we have to currently.. maybe we will see this on the p4p soon..

Well, this is the P5 everyone has been waiting for.

Looking at the DJI website shows that the P4A comes with the remote controller with the built in screen. It's the same as the P4P+ one (GL300E) , although the standard remote is the GL300C, rather than the GL300F that comes with the P4P

Last edited:
I would consider the P4A. Does anyone know if it would work with a P4P or I2 remote? I would consider buying just the P4A aircraft as a spare

It's only $150 cheaper but you give up rear and side OA and the 5.8 GHz band, doesn't seem like a very good deal.
SMiller - the DJI release states it's dual band

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers