It's official: Follow-me, Waypoints, and POI coming to all Phantom models

I wish they would've spent time on a cable cam flight mode. If they can program something like POI and waypoints, why can't they enable someone to frame a shot, press a button, frame a second shot, press another button, then hit "go".

Fortunately the 3rd party guys are doing that now. Fly to your spot and frame it up. Hit C1 aux button on back of controller, fly to second spot and frame it and hit C1 again and you now have a 2 point mission like cable cam.

I think DJI missed the boat on this one by not making it standard. That is one thing that Rocks with the Solo.

Fortunately the 3rd party guys are doing that now. Fly to your spot and frame it up. Hit C1 aux button on back of controller, fly to second spot and frame it and hit C1 again and you now have a 2 point mission like cable cam.

I think DJI missed the boat on this one by not making it standard. That is one thing that Rocks with the Solo.

Which 3rd party app is offering this, because shut up and take my money. DJI markets to those who want a flying camera platform, yet DJI seems to have a bit more knowledge in how camera operators want to work. They flatly stated it in their marketing pieces that they want to mimic traditional video production techniques.

I can only say that if you don't like what dji finally releases, check out Litchi once it is released in final form. I don't think I've read anything in this thread that Litchi can't do right now (in alpha) - so the hardware and firmware (it uses dji <beta> firmware with sdk) are definitely capable of what most/all of you are seeking. The developer is unbelievably responsive. If you want to follow the development and testing, you can join the litchi google groups (go to the flylitchi webpage then discussion). Warning, though, you will be tempted to join the test group.

Reactions: Jason Weston
Why can 3rd party developers do a better job than DJI? I just don't get it
One reason is that DJI has to listen carefully to their lawyers, lobbyists and insurance companies. They have to release stuff with safety and responsibility in mind while a 3rd party developer can decide to address a smaller circle of very technical users (mapping or crop inspection) who sign off (digitally, at least) and take full responsibility for mishaps, etc.

DJI could have released waypoints on day one since they've had the programming for years - but it would likely have made thousands of users crash their quads.

It's a careful balancing act because DJI is telling countries (flight authorities) worldwide to "trust them" - so they are going to be held to a higher standard going forward.

Why can 3rd party developers do a better job than DJI? I just don't get it

When you fly into a tree because of some bug in Litchi, you know what Litchi developer is going to do? Nothing. They already got your $20 and told you that you fly at your own risk and they take responsibility for nothing.

When your Phantom 3 flies into a tree because of some problem in DJI GO app, it's a completely different story.

When Inspire was released a whole bunch of people crashed their brand new machines because the props spun off. DJI insta-replaced them. Not only is it embarrassing, it's very expensive as well.

When you have a million P3's out there, they don't just randomly push updates without testing. The bigger the change, the more testing it gets.

Dam Greenwich meridian Time line... Its already 28th in Sydney and still nothing from DJI... I wonder what time it is China?? I wonder if there will be a surprise tonight??

Anyways... I'm not an early adopter when it comes to Phantom firmwares, but this one has got me intrigued..

I have 1.9 still using djigo will I have to up date the bird an controller or will they djigo up date make it all work

Reactions: SolidP
From what I have seen, everyone who believes they have discovered a leak about these features have simply seen advertising showing the GO app and the P3 standard...my hopes are not high for a imminent release of these features for PSA/P....IMO

From what I have seen, everyone who believes they have discovered a leak about these features have simply seen advertising showing the GO app and the P3 standard...my hopes are not high for a imminent release of these features for PSA/P....IMO
Every beta tester known around these parts and rcg have all but confirmed these features in the next FW update.

I think what speaks most strongly to this issue is the fact that it was not supplied at product release...it is easy to market a promise, not so easy to deliver, it see it in DJI warranty as well, warranty terms are marketed but when an warranty issue arises you are simply ignored

Reactions: hot dog
Homelock is a simplified flying mode.
Imagine the homepoint to be the center point. All your stick movements are now related to this point. Push forward the bird flies a straight line away from home point. Pull backwards the quad comes in a straightline to the homepoint. Left and right work accordingly, always in relation ship to the homepoint.

I hope, that explains it.

Reactions: Lyle Hardin

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik