It's official: Follow-me, Waypoints, and POI coming to all Phantom models

I hope so ! I Really want those features plus home lock. DJI IS TOPS WHEN YOU GET DOWN TO IT. The service on the other hand well it needs help. But new product lines bring that on.

Reactions: iquadtography
Man, the video on the 3DR SOLO looks shaky and terrible. Nothing close to Phantom 3. Once follow-me, orbit, etc. release on Phantom 3, PH3 will be much better, it seems to me, than 3DR SOLO.
Well since there is no gimbal on the Solo until next week we really can't compare shaky can we?

After it hits then we can see how it does. One thing the Solo should accel at is cable cam. Two buttons on controller. Frame your first shot and press A. Fly to second location and press B. Hit fly and let it run the cable.

Might not work but gimbals are apparently done and shipping.

Hey all, as there are soooo many of us flying the DJI F450 and F550 with the Groundstation app and the Naza V2 or Naza lite. Will it be available for us as well???

Thanks.

These things have their place, and caused much excitement when the Vision range got waypoints, not that useful in real life though. I think I used it maybe twice.
The original Vision waypoints were restricted to 500m, this was quite good since it was at the edge of normal operating range.
Now the P3 has much greater range and strong FPV link some of the usefulness of being able to send it beyond your TX range is lost in any case.
POI we didn't have without 3rd party apps, but again quite a fiddle to set up - and you can more or less just go and fly it anyway with a bit of practice.

Would you like to bet on whether P3s get intelligent control first.... or Solo gets a gimbal first? :eek::rolleyes::p:D
Since you didn't qualify your question, I'll take the bet. P3s already have intelligent control (with 3rd party apps and the beta sdk fw:p), so they are clearly first.

Well since there is no gimbal on the Solo until next week we really can't compare shaky can we?

After it hits then we can see how it does. One thing the Solo should accel at is cable cam. Two buttons on controller. Frame your first shot and press A. Fly to second location and press B. Hit fly and let it run the cable.

Might not work but gimbals are apparently done and shipping.
I'm sure it will be a nice feature but to be honest, this is about the easiest move to make manually. Just raise the left stick up slightly and fly backwards. The gimbal does not need to be moved.

More money, less range, no camera... not the greatest deal out there. Though, I say that DJI is probably hitting below the belt by taking a hit on the cost of the P3 line.

Reactions: Denver_Flight
Man, the video on the 3DR SOLO looks shaky and terrible. Nothing close to Phantom 3. Once follow-me, orbit, etc. release on Phantom 3, PH3 will be much better, it seems to me, than 3DR SOLO.
I have to agree with you! My original Phantom 1 with Tarot T-2D gimbal and GoPro 3+ Black in 4K looks like junk compared to my P3A.

@tcope Honestly from what I am seeing with my alpha testing version of Litchi, 3DR is not going to be the only one with these features. You can bet Wang is not happy with Colin Guinn and will attempt to do whatever he can so Solo has nothing on the Phantom. We will see if the can pull it off.

Now if only he felt that way about support. DJI would be one heck of a product.

Reactions: SENC
unfortunatelly to 3dr the solo depends on the gopro, and we all know gopro is making their own drone...

it would be a kick where it hurts the must if gopro introduces a new hero model which is not compatible with the solo gimbal...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl