It's official: Follow-me, Waypoints, and POI coming to all Phantom models

Reaction score
II KNOW this is a duplicate of many different posts, but some people still seem to be unaware of this fact as some still think DJI will NOT provide these features.

Here's the official tweet confirming follow-me, Waypoints, and POI for ALL Phantom models soon:

https://twitter.com/DJIGlobal/status/628898525779079172

Still nothing on Home Lock, that's a bummer, but good news nonetheless. Thanks for posting!

Reactions: chad556
Knowing it's comming is about as much use as a fire guard made out of firefighters. A better question is when is it happening....

Reactions: snerd
It says your GO App will notify you when the FW is available. I'm happy staying on 1.2.6 and 1.2 Pilot, so wonder if we'll be required to be on the latest FW versions to enable Waypoint and POI?
I sure hope not.

It says your GO App will notify you when the FW is available. I'm happy staying on 1.2.6 and 1.2 Pilot, so wonder if we'll be required to be on the latest FW versions to enable Waypoint and POI?
I sure hope not.
It's said to be part of a future FW update, so I would assume you would have to be on that FW to use it

Reactions: Options
Love to see them when they get here. But just wondering...where does that leave the third party developers who put so much time and effort into their apps to develop POI etc.?

I would assume, as a result of market pressure, we will see the basic functions of Orbit/POI, follow me waypoint/cablecam etc. as a standard on all future camera quads coming out. It is just the level of the bar today.
The 3rd party developer will go deeper and wider, with more functionality and much more options and settings. The standard app will create the interest for this kind of functionality. After mastering the basic functions some (many?) will demand more and switch over to 3rd party apps. If done right it could be a good symbiotic existence for DJI (or other manufacturers) and the 3rd party developers.

I assume, at the beginning 3rd party apps might be more complicated and less intuitive. After most typical functions are covered, the GUI will be focused on to make things easier and more intuitive.

We are living in truly interesting times!

Reactions: tomtnt
Knowing it's comming is about as much use as a fire guard made out of firefighters. A better question is when is it happening....

Hmmm. Well, knowing THAT it is coming I pretty good news, I think.

Reactions: IOIIOOO
Just what I'm waiting for... This time I will upgrade!

II KNOW this is a duplicate of many different posts, but some people still seem to be unaware of this fact as some still think DJI will NOT provide these features.

Here's the official tweet confirming follow-me, Waypoints, and POI for ALL Phantom models soon:

https://twitter.com/DJIGlobal/status/628898525779079172
Not to be a Killjoy, but when I bought my P3p DJI said it was coming soon. Will believe it when it is in and working. Glad I did not buy the Inspire, the guys have been waiting twice as long for unfulfilled promises from DJI.

I sure hope not.

I upgraded from 1.1.9 yesterday to 1.3.2 as well as latest go app. All works perfectly, flawless, no problems worries or issues. And I have all 32 channels as well so perfect signal. I wouldn't worry or be hesitant to upgrade either.

Reactions: Brian089
I wonder if these new modes will include GPS stabilization with IOC. The current Course Lock mode is ATTI, at least in the last firmware. I did maybe 3 flights with it, and a few others concur. It's fine unless you have a bunch of wind. Anyone else find the same with IOC?

Reactions: acherman
Coming soon? Old news the 3DR SOLO is looking much better all the time.

Man, the video on the 3DR SOLO looks shaky and terrible. Nothing close to Phantom 3. Once follow-me, orbit, etc. release on Phantom 3, PH3 will be much better, it seems to me, than 3DR SOLO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers