Its just a matter of time

Reaction score
I feel the Ban is just on the horizon. With people feeling the need to take these craft up into and past the clouds its only a matter of time. I hope everyone who buys a type of RC copter or multirotor uses common sense. Lets not ruin this hobby or small business opportunity for everyone.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03 ... gulations/

I couldn't agree with you more.Its making me think twice before plunking down several grand to get the next best version to eventually upgrade my Phantom.

Your absolutely right. Remember for your AMA insurance to be in effect, you need to abide by the AMA Code.
Model aircraft pilots will:
(a) Yield the right of way to all man carrying aircraft.
(b) See and avoid all aircraft and a spotter must be used when appropriate. (AMA Document #540-D-See and Avoid Guidance.)
(c) Not fly higher than approximately 400f eet above ground level within three (3) miles of an airport, without notifying the airport operator.
(d) Not interfere with operations and traffic patterns at any airport, heliport or seaplane base except where there is a mixed use agreement.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/105.PDF

I recently heard of a new law here in California banning the use of FPV UAVs to take aerial video of real estate that is offered for sale. The bill was sponsored by the helicopter pilot bureaucracy. Big money bureaucracies twisting the arm of the citizen by manipulating the law to their own benefit. This is the ugly corrupt side of government getting in the way of the free market and your right as a person to earn money by providing a superior service at a reduced price.

Veloflyte said:
I recently heard of a new law here in California banning the use of FPV UAVs to take aerial video of real estate that is offered for sale. The bill was sponsored by the helicopter pilot bureaucracy. Big money bureaucracies twisting the arm of the citizen by manipulating the law to their own benefit. This is the ugly corrupt side of government getting in the way of the free market and your right as a person to earn money by providing a superior service at a reduced price.

At the same time didnt Cali open up the southern air to gov drones to get more state funding.. Who's is who's at that point?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj