ITS HERE ITS HERE!!!!

Congrats on getting your bird and joining our special club! We share your passion.

Give some serious thought to buying the awesome long-range antenna kit from FPVLR --- being able to fly your P3P out to 3-4 miles with rock solid Lightbridge video is quite a rush! Probably better than sex, although admittedly I'm past my prime years on that hobby. :p

https://fpvlr.com/store/product/phantom-3-advanced-antenna-kit/

What is the price for that set-up? Install yourself?

What is the price for that set-up? Install yourself?

Yeah I installed it myself --- pretty easy to do because it's basically a "Plug-N-Play" install that doesnt require any scraping off glue or other tedious work like the Phantom 2 antenna kit required. If you arent particularly adept at using tools and such, you can pay http://fpvcustoms.com/ to do it for you --- you will need to send them your P3 controller.

Here's the tutorial video to show you how easy it is --- only takes a couple hours and a few tools:

BIG word of advice from a lost bird and a drowned bird flier here, take your missions short. Dont go long distances until you see what that thing does in autoland and those sorts of 'computer controlled' situations.

So I came home to a suprise hahaha next day shipping whattttt. First mod now only if the rain will stop
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440104964.283075.jpg

I'm tellin ya bro. short flights. get used to that puppy.
Definitely good advice. I've been flying my little blade induxtrix getting all my stock orientation down and working on my figure 8s. I get really nervous flying the p3p still

my unmentionables go up in my stomach when I fly mine. Its a rush for sure. baby steps man. Trust me you wont be sorry. You will be sorry if you try and take bigger flights too soon. Am in the works on replacing all sorts of stuff and will be flying once again very very soon. Looking forward to hearing success stories from your end. realy though congrats and we dont learn if we dont try.

It finally came today my first p3p!!!!!!! And an extra battery. I finally put her to rest a few minutes ago. I did all the firmware updates on the bird and the batts the controller and I'm running the iPad mini 3 wifi cell. I let the batteries carte fully and then cool for an hr. After the updates I did the imu calibration the compass calibration and a gimbal calabration. Then I had a 7 minute flight just hovering about 6 feet and a few gentle moves to check if everything is working. Got everything in before dark!! I'm so so happy with her. Just wanted to drop by and share the great news!!!View attachment 27945
Congratulations on your new state-of-the-art toy !!! Waiting for DJI response about my recent P2V+ lost prior to getting myself a P3P.

Great news!:) It was worth the wait-- I have had mine since May-- it is a marvelous piece of technology.

Good question for you guys. With out a computer how would i export my videos and photos?

I just have one tip. NEVER FLY BACKWARDS OR SIDEWAYS unless looking at the drone. Trees are always closer than you think and the drone is fast.

I just have one tip. NEVER FLY BACKWARDS OR SIDEWAYS unless looking at the drone. Trees are always closer than you think and the drone is fast.
There are ways to fly around the trees--:D:D

Yeah they are. I was really surprised when I flew the other day, I gave her about 1/2 throttle forward and WOW!! I could only imagine how fast full stick is.

Reactions: johnnyu
It finally came today my first p3p!!!!!!! And an extra battery. I finally put her to rest a few minutes ago. I did all the firmware updates on the bird and the batts the controller and I'm running the iPad mini 3 wifi cell. I let the batteries carte fully and then cool for an hr. After the updates I did the imu calibration the compass calibration and a gimbal calabration. Then I had a 7 minute flight just hovering about 6 feet and a few gentle moves to check if everything is working. Got everything in before dark!! I'm so so happy with her. Just wanted to drop by and share the great news!!!View attachment 27945
Hey duddie10, What settings are you using on your iPad mini? I have the iPad air and the picture seems pixelated.( iPad Air with WiFi and cell service with Verizon.) Phantom 2 v3.

Hey duddie10, What settings are you using on your iPad mini? I have the iPad air and the picture seems pixelated.( iPad Air with WiFi and cell service with Verizon.) Phantom 2 v3.
Pixelation is usually caused by an over heated IPAD. Fly in the shade or in the AC in the car and that will probably go away-- mine die.

Once I cash the maps I put it in airplane mode. I don't have it hooked to a network it's an open gsm. So far no issues. I haven't seen any pixelation. I haven't flown it more than 1 battery at a time tho.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4