ITS HERE ITS HERE!!!!

Keep it line of site, don't over calibrate your compass if she is hovering stable that's a great sign your settings are good.
Make sure rth is correct.

Enjoy....and report back how its going good or bad. This is your thread and as a new pilot others will love to hear how your doing...

From the pictures it looks like the old version (going by the motors)

And duddie10 congrats, get another battery!!!
What's this old version and new version motors thing? Anyone got pictures?

Keep it line of site, don't over calibrate your compass if she is hovering stable that's a great sign your settings are good.
Make sure rth is correct.

Enjoy....and report back how its going good or bad. This is your thread and as a new pilot others will love to hear how your doing...

Sorry what do you mean by over calibrating the compass? What would be drawback of calibrating compass every time you fly?

Another great flight today full 18 mins. I let her hover and did some slow figure 8s. Then took it up to about 100 ft and let it hover. Flew about 100 ft around me no issues. I love this hobby!!!!! I hoping this weekend to get out to my friends 12 acre farm. All wide open and nice and flat. Haha the only issue I noticed is that the app says the aircraft is in need of an update. I updated everything to 1.3.2 last night. I don't think it's anything but figured I'd see what the pro say

Another great flight today full 18 mins. I let her hover and did some slow figure 8s. Then took it up to about 100 ft and let it hover. Flew about 100 ft around me no issues. I love this hobby!!!!! I hoping this weekend to get out to my friends 12 acre farm. All wide open and nice and flat. Haha the only issue I noticed is that the app says the aircraft is in need of an update. I updated everything to 1.3.2 last night. I don't think it's anything but figured I'd see what the pro say
Did you do any up grades since you got the Phantom? or are you just flying it out of the box?

Did you do any up grades since you got the Phantom? or are you just flying it out of the box?
Nothing yet bobmyers. I ordered prop guards and there going to be here tomorrow. Along with a gimbal saver and a lens cover.
Anything I'm missing? With the rain coming for the next few days I got some down time haha

Sorry what do you mean by over calibrating the compass? What would be drawback of calibrating compass every time you fly?

If your flying and you have a good compass calibration don't go do it again unless and some will say not even then a good distance from your first calibration. Talk 100 miles or so. But and some will say yes/no when you upgrade the FIRMWARE do a new compass calibration and mui calibration.

Read the forms you will see what I mean.

Congrats homie. I'm only a few weeks in with my P3P, but these things are so much fun and addictive. Try to fly everyday I can. Have fun and enjoy!

wait untill you fly a 250 racer, extremely funny and addictive.

Nothing yet bobmyers. I ordered prop guards and there going to be here tomorrow. Along with a gimbal saver and a lens cover.
Anything I'm missing? With the rain coming for the next few days I got some down time haha
I was speaking of Firmware upgrades. It is important that you fully understand how and when to do this. If you are flying on DJI GO app which I assume you are, and you have the 300 B Controller, the controller has already upgraded to 1.3.2 the newest firmware release. Depending on the date of manufacture your Phantom will probably have 1.1.9 Firmware or 1.2.6 or .8. That means that you may experience some connection issues with the Controller to the Phantom if the Firmware on the Controller and Phantom is not the same.
It happened to me and several others on this forum.
I don't know what your experience is, but it will be a shocking wakeup the first time the tablet disconnects and goes black-- especially if the Phantom is out of sight. You have to know what to do if this happens and how much time you have to do it. At first, spend a lot more time reading posts on this forum and watching youtube videos to learn all the must do's and must haves, and your experience will remain good. Don't fly far and take baby steps if you don't have previous experience. The Phantom is extremely easy to fly, but because if this, it is a very sophisticated flying platform that can develop issues very fast if you are not aware of the details of flying it.
Welcome to the forum! :):)

I was speaking of Firmware upgrades. It is important that you fully understand how and when to do this. If you are flying on DJI GO app which I assume you are, and you have the 300 B Controller, the controller has already upgraded to 1.3.2 the newest firmware release. Depending on the date of manufacture your Phantom will probably have 1.1.9 Firmware or 1.2.6 or .8. That means that you may experience some connection issues with the Controller to the Phantom if the Firmware on the Controller and Phantom is not the same.
It happened to me and several others on this forum.
I don't know what your experience is, but it will be a shocking wakeup the first time the tablet disconnects and goes black-- especially if the Phantom is out of sight. You have to know what to do if this happens and how much time you have to do it. At first, spend a lot more time reading posts on this forum and watching youtube videos to learn all the must do's and must haves, and your experience will remain good. Don't fly far and take baby steps if you don't have previous experience. The Phantom is extremely easy to fly, but because if this, it is a very sophisticated flying platform that can develop issues very fast if you are not aware of the details of flying it.
Welcome to the forum! :):)
Oh I got you bonmyers. I did up grade to the new firmware on both the controller the bird and both batteries. To 1.3.2 took about 45 minutes and everything seems ok so far. I'll definitely take baby steps. Thanx for the good insight. Nothing like tips from the pros!!![emoji41][emoji41]

Reactions: bobmyers
The new motors have a pointy star cut out. It looks like Mag wheels on a sports car.
The older ones have a curvy cut out..
I am picking up my P3P Friday 21st ....the store say it's new stock.
IF it has the old motors as described, it is not then "new stock".
I cannot find anything that compares old and new...is it worth me saying its old stock fro. dJI and not as I ordered ..specifically asking about the new motors...or in fact is there anything lost by having what we are now calling the old motors

This looks AMAZING ! ! !

Give some serious thought to buying the awesome long-range antenna kit from FPVLR --- being able to fly your P3P out to 3-4 miles with rock solid Lightbridge video is quite a rush! Probably better than sex, although admittedly I'm past my prime years on that hobby. :p

https://fpvlr.com/store/product/phantom-3-advanced-antenna-kit/

[/QUOTE]

Reactions: duddie10
All manufacturers periodically update components without announcing a whole new model. They also source components from different manufacturers, again without announcing a whole new model. There's no need to. If yours is from a different production line, or from a different factory even, they might not be exactly the same. Motor manufacturers are classic examples of this. Some might have brakes by AP Lockheed, some might use Bremso components. As long as they are within spec, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are bad. There was a whole LONG discussion about this when the V+ version 3 was announced with lots and lots of people getting their knickers in a twist with no good reason. If yours works fly it. Don't worry. Just fly it.

I am picking up my P3P Friday 21st ....the store say it's new stock.
IF it has the old motors as described, it is not then "new stock".
I cannot find anything that compares old and new...is it worth me saying its old stock fro. dJI and not as I ordered ..specifically asking about the new motors...or in fact is there anything lost by having what we are now calling the old motors
There haven't been motor issues that I am aware of for the "old motors" . I have to replace one because of my own stupid error, but no issues with even the replacement. The only comparison that can be made at this point is specs-- old vs new-- which I would like to see.

This looks AMAZING ! ! !

Give some serious thought to buying the awesome long-range antenna kit from FPVLR --- being able to fly your P3P out to 3-4 miles with rock solid Lightbridge video is quite a rush! Probably better than sex, although admittedly I'm past my prime years on that hobby. :p

https://fpvlr.com/store/product/phantom-3-advanced-antenna-kit/

[/QUOTE]
This is going to be the first mod I do when I get the extra cash!!! How's the range through trees and cover? Living in newengland sucks *** haha

There haven't been motor issues that I am aware of for the "old motors" . I have to replace one because of my own stupid error, but no issues with even the replacement. The only comparison that can be made at this point is specs-- old vs new-- which I would like to see.
If there are in fact new motors when I collect the P3P to tomorrow am....I will pass on any new info I get.

This is going to be the first mod I do when I get the extra cash!!! How's the range through trees and cover? Living in newengland sucks *** haha[/QUOTE]
You might also want to look into the threads on the forum regarding the Intelite DBS Mod -- they are very popular and well proven also.. and somewhat less cost. Do some research on both systems before making your decision.

Reactions: Erik Somoroff
This is going to be the first mod I do when I get the extra cash!!! How's the range through trees and cover? Living in newengland sucks *** haha
You might also want to look into the threads on the forum regarding the Intelite DBS Mod -- they are very popular and well proven also.. and somewhat less cost. Do some research on both systems before making your decision.[/QUOTE]
Sweeeeet thanx bobmyers. I think this hobby worse than having a drug addiction hahaha I've already got my next year pay spent in my head hahaha

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl