IT'S HERE IT'S HERE!! - 3D printout of a Phantom 3 antenna booster

Reaction score
Fresh from my public library down the street, FREE
Thank you @Giuseppe Finizia for free 3D file

What you are looking at is not a toilet paper holder in martian green, but a 3D printout of a Phantom 3 antenna booster...once I place aluminum foil/tape in the inside curve. thx @dirkclod ;-)

Attachments

• 1440682927581.jpg
    1440682927581.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,575
  • 1440682938667.jpg
    1440682938667.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,431
Last edited:
How many hours did that print take?

Just add foil or copper eh . A little more info in your post might have been nice as I bet a lot in GD don't have a clue what that is ;)
Wish I had a public library here with a 3-D Printer :)

Reactions: Tricky
Less than 5 hours. I watched the librarian start to run the MakerBot Replicator 2, he asked what color I wanted, showed me all sorts...then he hit start...5 hours later, voila...and free....now I just need some aluminum tape...or tin foil, but I think I want aluminum tape, but that's not cheap.

Less than 5 hours. I watched the librarian start to run the MakerBot Replicator 2, he asked what color I wanted, showed me all sorts...then he hit start...5 hours later, voila...and free....now I just need some aluminum tape...or tin foil, but I think I want aluminum tape, but that's not cheap.
Well ya got the reflector cheap enough Tricky :D

It's a windsurfer booster -- like this one.

If anyone is interested in printing one of these, search for something like "dji", "phantom 3", or "inspire 1" at www.thingiverse.com. There are a few different models available there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kmullins87
I am for **** sure getting a dbsmods booster once the wife recovers from the sticker shock of my P3P...plus, i need to wait for my hidden phantom slush fund to amass
Get it while she's still in shock ...won't know what hit er :rolleyes: ;)

Last edited:
Libraries give away free 3D printing services now?
I was just thinking that myself. I didn't know. Maybe I can find one locally and not need the 3D printer that I was planning to get. Well, I didn't need it anyway. Just wanted it is more accurate.

Haha, my wife still doesn't know how much I paid. But my in laws saw it and were being nosey and asking questions...
Mine didnt really either. I told her I bought it with the money she gave me for my birthday (400) she over heard me talking to a buddy and she gave me a look like I kicked her dog lol

Mine didnt really either. I told her I bought it with the money she gave me for my birthday (400) she over heard me talking to a buddy and she gave me a look like I kicked her dog lol

Lol, I've been flying cheap quads for a while now. Wanted to learn how to fly before I jumped into an expensive one. So when my P3P arrived and she saw it for the first time I told her I had graduated to a nicer model because of my flight experience. I only got the eye roll.

It wasn't until my in laws saw it in my office one night that they started snooping around. They are nosey about everything we do so naturally when they saw it my mother in law tried to bring it up in conversation. It went something like this...

"Wow! that is a really nice plane thing you got there. I saw something like that advertised on Face book the other day. What kind of range can you get with it? Is it waterproof? Those must be expensive? "

Reactions: Milehigh970
The cure for that sort of thing often is to let them view a flight through your monitor, and then film them waving into the camera from above. Works like a charm ... so far.

It even worked on some paranoid "Freedumb" riders that initially gave me a hard time about their "privacy" in a public park by the river.

Fresh from my public library down the street, FREE
Thank you @Giuseppe Finizia for free 3D file

What you are looking at is not a toilet paper holder in martian green, but a 3D printout of a Phantom 3 antenna booster...once I place aluminum foil/tape in the inside curve. thx @dirkclod ;-)

You are welcome Tricky!

For everyone who don't have a 3D printer, I can sell them a ready to use and nicely hand-finished 3D printed Range Booster with a seamless aluminum coating already applied (€19,00 + shipment fees).

Range Booster Aluminium.jpg

I am currently producing a more effective type of Range Booster provided with a seamless High Quality Copper Layer (€23,00 + shipment fees).

Range Booster Copper.jpg

With it you can reach more distant targets and you will get better results expecially when you are piloting your drone in an area with sparse trees and medium size obstacles.

You will be greatly impressed by the huge improvements that these Range Boosters will give to your flights with the Phantom 3 or Inspire 1 drones.

Send me a message to [email protected] for any kind of information.

Enjoy your flights with my Range Boosters!

Last edited:
Hi guys, I have written a document containing few instructions about the use of my Range Boosters.

I encourage all the people who have already bought a Range Booster (Aluminium or Copper version) to download a copy of this document and read carefully its content.

For any info about characteristics and costs of my Range Boosters, please write me to "[email protected]".

Attachments

• Range Booster Instructions.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 519
Hi guys, I have written a document containing few instructions about the use of my Range Boosters.

I encourage all the people who have already bought a Range Booster (Aluminium or Copper version) to download a copy of this document and read carefully its content.

For any info about characteristics and costs of my Range Boosters, please write me to "[email protected]".
Do you mind sharing what kind of copper tape your using? I've downloaded the file to go get this printed, just curious as to which tape you've found to work best?

Do you mind sharing what kind of copper tape your using? I've downloaded the file to go get this printed, just curious as to which tape you've found to work best?

Hi Kmullins87, I bought the copper foil in a local hardware store, anyway I guess you can find a similar product also on eBay or AliExpress.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik