It's FRIDAY! Who's flying this weekend!??

Reaction score
I don't know about you all - but I literally cannot wait for the weekend to fly my Phantom 2 :)

This weekend I am going to try to get some golf course hole fly-overs and I have still be wanting to get some nice sun-set shots (In Florida you get some beautiful skies at night... but the thunderheads have been in front of the Sun the past week or so...

What are your plans?? :D :D :D :D

I'll probably just do the usual and fly around the house, I do need to get some new video to put on youtube though. I'm letting my 2 subscribers down! :shock:

If the weather cooperates, and it looks like it will, I'm going to do my first ever GS mission. It's a grid pattern over a neighbor's recently logged forest - about 30 acres. I did a test flight last week using FPV and that went pretty well until I chickened out and cut off half the field to come back home. The video came out pretty good, so now I want to do the job right.

Buckaye said:
I don't know about you all - but I literally cannot wait for the weekend to fly my Phantom 2 :)

That's why I don't wait! ;)

I fly just about every evening. Though... that's going to get tougher to do as the weather changes.

ProfessorStein said:
Buckaye said:

That's why I don't wait! ;)

I fly just about every evening. Though... that's going to get tougher to do as the weather changes.

Yeah - I do tend to fly it around in my yard a couple times a week... but the weekend is when I really try to get multiple flights of specific areas to get cool videos :)

This week I have been working later each night - do haven't been able to even get a hover session in....

I am trying to get to about 8000' or more but its been too windy. I normally fly out of a hole (my house property) but plan to drive to the lake which is about a mile away and fly from a better LOS point.

I'm still looking for my lost Phantom and want to go fly. Day 5 of the search, I'm jonesing bad now.

Planning a Castle on Saturday -
hedingham-keep1.jpg

and a Windmill Sunday.

Oil-Pastel-Bocking-050_pe_sp-640.jpg

paulajayne said:
Planning a Castle on Saturday -

and a Windmill Sunday.

/quote]

wow very cool - post the video's when you're done! :)

FredMurtz said:
I'm still looking for my lost Phantom and want to go fly. Day 5 of the search, I'm jonesing bad now.

sorry dude... that would drive me crazy too.

Already did a recon flight over an early Christian archeological island site in Strangford Lough for the National Trust and the Ulster Archeological Society. 2.5km round trip. Uneventful apart from leaky boots!

Saturday evening should be ok for me. Light wind and some sun, apparently!

Oh THAT'S pretty (the sculpture AND the footage)! Though it looks like the actual "weather" part of the weather had already come and gone. ;)

BTW - looks like you stabilized that in post, yes? Really nice job. What did you use?

Groundfisher said:
Where r u located Buckaye?

Disney area in Florida

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj