It's cool, but why would you do this?

I have no idea.

Check your video link as the embedding has not worked. Normally I copy the video address then hit the youtube tab, then paste the link in the centre. You should then see a thumbprint of the video.

A few people have used this to make modding an X8 easier (and to accept bigger props in the process). Unfortunately it also tends to make opening the shell that much harder.

Well, according to the poster...

axaxax85 said:
Features:
*Extended arm length can increase the flying stability.
* Room for larger propeller thus increase the payload to accommodate the extra weight of adding gimbal.
* No need to change the stock motor.
* Metal(Made in Swiss) motor mount will dispatch heat more effectively thus extend the motor life.

I have ordered these. My phantom is 1.2kg with a gimbal and fpv so I'm only getting 5 min flight time with the standard props and battery. I'll try these with standard props then some 9" props and see if there is a change.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dvg said:
I have ordered these. My phantom is 1.2kg with a gimbal and fpv so I'm only getting 5 min flight time with the standard props and battery. I'll try these with standard props then some 9" props and see if there is a change.

It's extremely likely that the added weight of these will more than cancel out the benefit you'll get from larger props. You can run 9.4" props already without the extensions, and those will get you about 20% more flight time.

ElGuano said:
dvg said:

It's extremely likely that the added weight of these will more than cancel out the benefit you'll get from larger props. You can run 9.4" props already without the extensions, and those will get you about 20% more flight time.

ElGuano said:
Double posted

I think I wanted them so I could fit some new different motors. I like the idea of the phantom being more steady and smoother as well. Do you think tri blades would give more flight time.

Lower Kv motors would be really interesting to see, especially with larger props and 4s batteries. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

For the phantom, tri blade helps lift but it seems nowadays the PV props are the way to go for 9"

The thing is, with lower kv motors pushing larger props you will soon exceed the limits of the little 18A ESCs in the Phantom.
If you want to lift more weight, move to a different platform. The Phantom is great for what it is but it's not a heavy lifter, and once you start adding stuff to it you end up with a craft that cost a lot but is inferior to something that was designed with lifting weight in mind.

What about using the naza and transmitter in a different frame. I priced 30amp escs 1000kv motors sk450 frame for around $160. How would that go lifting 1.3kg for that price would it be worth it.

I tried them really a a pain to in stall due to all the soldering. Then no easy way back in. Did not like and removed. Saw not improvement at all.

Dtacmed said:
I tried them really a a pain to in stall due to all the soldering. Then no easy way back in. Did not like and removed. Saw not improvement at all.

Have some photos?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik