It's all a bit too complicated

Reaction score
hi there I live in the uk and have a 650 size hex with naza v2 thinking to upgrading to a phantom 4 ( really liking what I am seeing )

but .....

with all the restrictions and stuff I don't know if I can be bothered with the hassle of it all , everywhere where I want to fly is restricted it's turned the hobbie I love into a chore instead of it being a pleasure

can any one clarify what I can and can't do .... what do you think should I bit the bullet and go for it or take up knitting before someone objects

thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It depends where you live, I can imagine it being quite difficult now to obey the letter of the law/rules/guidelines if you live in a built up area and getting away to potential locations is difficult..
In practice almost everyone breaks the rules to some extent - but you'd have to be doing something pretty serious to even get a warning.

It's probably a more serious question what you are going to take video or photos of - and what you will do with material when you have recorded. Unlike some RC stuff the Phantoms have become primarily a camera platform
If you don't have considerable interest in editing video and photos it might soon lose it's appeal.

I guess I'm just a gadget freak ..... I have a 650 size quad that has a go pro black on it and I have sort of lost faith ... only because it's did not live up to my expectations .... I feel I might get the results and enjoyment more from a phantom 4 .... initially it will just be a toy a guess

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers