It's a new year...Try something new

Reaction score
When you ask a question, it should make sense. State specific facts like model, software version and exactly what the problem is. We have not been issued decoder rings yet and can't read your mind. The better the question, the better the answer.
For those that hate the same question being asked multiple times....get over it. It will never stop. If you can't answer in a respectable manor, then shut your piehole. There will always be new people joining the forum and asking questions.
For the ones than are competing to be the forum resident ***, you have competition as there are a few of you. I'm amazed that someone can just join a forum and start so much crap and be so rude. Hats off to the moderators. How can you cope ? I would shut them down in a heartbeat.
If you answer questions....be sure you know what you are talking about. If it's a guess...say so. I see so much incorrect info given here, but a lot of good stuff also.
Lighten up guys....then tighten up.

Monte55 said:
When you ask a question, it should make sense. State specific facts like model, software version and exactly what the problem is. We have not been issued decoder rings yet and can't read your mind. The better the question, the better the answer.
For those that hate the same question being asked multiple times....get over it. It will never stop. If you can't answer in a respectable manor, then shut your piehole. There will always be new people joining the forum and asking questions.
For the ones than are competing to be the forum resident ***, you have competition as there are a few of you. I'm amazed that someone can just join a forum and start so much crap and be so rude. Hats off to the moderators. How can you cope ? I would shut them down in a heartbeat.
If you answer questions....be sure you know what you are talking about. If it's a guess...say so. I see so much incorrect info given here, but a lot of good stuff also.

Lots of good advice and accurate statements here :)

Happy new year! Let's make it a great one on this forum!

Monte55 said:

I'm more than happy to help out the newbies to Phantom flying, but it does get tiring answering the same ole questions over and over --- "How do I fly in manual mode?" and "How good are the 9450 props?" and the always persistent "Do you prefer the Limefuel or DJI batteries?". I mean this stuff DOES get very repetitive and boring after awhile.

I suggest they start a "Newbie" section where all the beginner pilots can ask lots of questions and anyone of us more experienced flyers can help them out if we feel like it. However, I believe the other sections like "General Discussion" should be reserved for those of us with more advanced questions and issues. You wouldnt visit a brain surgery forum where neurosurgeons hang out and then ask questions like "What happens when a drill bit contacts the skull?" I think you probably get my point here.

Newbie section would be helpful IMO. When you get tired of saying RTFM you could refer them to the newbie group :twisted: I guess I am an *** for saying RTFM and I should now STFU :lol:

I think we already have that, in the "Help" section. It is for new and old alike. I see no reason to make our newcomers feel labeled as a "Newbie." A suggestion: If you are tired of the same questions, turn off the computer and watch TV. There are enough people here who can answer such questions and they don't mind answering those questions, over and over.

Monte55, well said.

Monte55,
Forum members have commented frequently about how we could help one another if the person seeking help would put their location into their profile. Clearly those of us in the states may not know the best place for a Norwegian or a Scot to find a repair shop, or places off limits for flying. So set a good example and put YOUR location into your profile and encourage others to do the same.

Thanks. I get tired of seeing the same questions asked over and over also. I can either answer or ignore them. I don't see where being rude to a forum member helps at all. It just leads to more posts about being rude and the original question seems to get lost. I am a member of 3 welding forums, 2 rc forums like this, and a few more. This stuff happens on all forums . When I first joined forums, I didn't know how to search etc. New people will come on and ask questions new to them but old to us. That's life. It's not going to change. If the question upsets you, don't answer. When one answers in a rude manner, it's not just the op that sees . Everyone sees it. So people begin to learn your character. If I see someone treating others like crap, you will never receve help from me. Think before you speak.off my box now.

Monte55,
I was not disagreeing with you whatsoever about how irritating it is to see questions on this forum that have answers in the manual or in Fantomas' rendition of a Phantom manual. I do as you do - ignore and pass over those kinds of questions, let someone else answer, but I don't mind reaching out to help a guy who has a question that is not answered in the manual. And Monte55, I certainly wasn't telling you that you MUST add your location to your profile, but I do think it is a good idea.

So what do you think of the 9450 props :lol: :lol: just kidding. I am a newbie also. I think that your location should be a given. If just a country at the minimum.

Monte55 said:
We have not been issued decoder rings yet and can't read your mind.
The down pat answer for questions posed without details should be.... "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine."
Ref: "A Christmas Story"

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl