It's a lot easier filming Cathedrals than moving people!

Reaction score
Phew! Just back from my second shift (probably of many) helping a friend make a short film for showing at film festivals.

It's a story about a loner who has been shunned by society because of his looks, until he discovers a car crash and raises the alarm. But there's a sinister twist at the end!

Anyway, to keep it P3 related, my friend asked me to do the aerial shots, mainly of this old guy trundling along various roads and tracks, then panning around and up to record the lovely scenery. Well, let me tell you; it's a lot easier to record a fixed building than it is to film a moving subject keeping it within POI, rising up and lifting the camera and panning off to the side at the same time - and not too fast. However, the P3A worked a treat, but I must get a screen cover for the iPad Air!

I won't bore you with the number of retakes that were required...

Great fun though; I can't wait to see the final result.

If you want to know more about it, look on Facebook for The Pigman. Great fun!

Reactions: S5S5G6
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1437577912.904631.jpg

Tell me who is your friend, and I will tell a lot about you... oooops I did it again... sorry moderator.

I still find it incredible that with a P3 and a skilled operator, you can replace hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of booms, dollies, and all the other gear you used to need to get the incredible cinematic shots seen in the movies. Now film makers can concentrate on the creative aspects of their craft instead of worrying about raising money. Congrats on your new second career, happydays! You're hooked
now!:D

Reactions: S5S5G6

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr