Its a gonna...

Reaction score
Well... Im gutted, Just had my P2V shoot off in to the above and beyond without any input from me other than the CSC.

I guess the reason I posting this thread, other than for me to vent some frustration, is to try and figure out what went wrong or if it was something I did?

The bird was initiated in the correct sequence (Extender-Controller-Bird) and was locked in on GPS, compass calibrated. When i moved the sticks into CSC, the drone just took off at a rate of knots straight up. I was unable to regain control and in a last ditch attempt, turned off the controller to initiate RTH...nothing. After about 20 Mins I was convinced that the bird would turn up with its tail between its legs on a critically low battery but again not a sausage.

I have had a couple of instances in my living room (with props off) that with the CSC command, the motors would spin up at a higher rate than idling, but I have not been able to replicate this to any degree of success so figured it could have been some interference from electronics or something.

Could this have been an intermittent problem with the ESC?

I would really love to hear your thoughts on this, I have succumb to the fact that I will never see it again (no contact details on the body), but as you can imagine the most frustrating part is not knowing what caused it.

Thanks for your time.
Jack

Sorry for you loss. Did you try the find my Phantom in the app under settings. Gives its last know location as long as you had a connection with then RC and wifi. Found mine twice that way.

Tried it but it wouldn't locate it. Thanks though RoyVa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Buy another one Jacko. Let it go, Let it go, the cold never bothered me anyway!!
Welcome to the forum Billy and nice first post o_O
Hate to hear about your loose Jack and is why I always preach Trackers are a must with these things .
I can't think right off the top of my head what would cause this but will try and search for this issue and tell ya what I find .

Can't help with a possible cause for this report but...

Don't make too much of the observed operations without props (OR if tied or weighted down to the ground for testing, etc.).

The MC is expecting certain feed-back which it will not receive if it is held or secured motion-less.

Welcome to the forum Billy and nice first post o_O
Hate to hear about your loose Jack and is why I always preach Trackers are a must with these things .
I can't think right off the top of my head what would cause this but will try and search for this issue and tell ya what I find .
Thanks Dirkclod,
I know BillyFlynn so I don't want you to think that it was just some troll gloating over my loss. It was just Banter so please don't judge them based on this post.

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks Dirkclod,
I know BillyFlynn so I don't want you to think that it was just some troll gloating over my loss. It was just Banter so please don't judge them based on this post.

Got ya Jack . and thanks for clearing that up ! :)

Joking aside, fitting a tracker sounds a good idea as does putting your contact details on the drone but what about any possible claim for injury or loss. Is it possible to insure against this?
Myers junior seems to be underplaying how well he knows me, I've known him just as long as his mother. Go figure!?

Myers junior seems to be underplaying how well he knows me, I've known him just as long as his mother. Go figure!?
blank stare.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj