ITELITE + RE500 vs RE700

Last week I flew out two miles with my camera boost at 19. Had five bars all the way out. Then I turned around and flew back. :sunglasses:

It was the first time I flew out that far and didn't lose FPV.

Yeah, I am a little concerned about overheating. It was a fairly cool morning though. But the thing is, we don't see a lot of threads on the camera's tx board overheating, so I'm thinking DJI was a little conservative with the 13, and maybe we can push that a bit in most cases. Still - we should be wary of hot days of course.

OTOH if we have to buy a new used FC200 on eBay, it's not the end of the world.

Edit: Another strategy - if it's a hot day and you're worried about overheating - is to fly out with the normal 13, and then when you're half way out, hover and enable the boost. That way it has less time to overheat. I watched Chuck of DBS Mods do that on one of his videos.

Do you remember your range before FPVLR stage 4 on the RE700 ? with the VISION.

Yeah - I flew out just over a mile with all FPVLR on pilot and bird but with no amp

I was asking about no mods at all :) just P2V + RE700. DJI says 500-700 meters :) so I was just curious what to expect when I get my RE700.

My RE500 goes to 300 meters so I would expect 600 meters. That would be more than enough for me in this stage.

Oh I don't know about that. I started modding the minute I got the thing LOL. Warranty shmarranty. I do remember out of the box the range was horrible. The stock P2V was clearly never intended to be a long range aircraft. It was actually designed for photographers according to Colin Guinn on a vid I saw him on a while back. They really didn't expect every Tom **** and Harry to want one.

IIRC the P2V range is only 300 meters out of the box for FPV. That's about what I got. Maybe even less LOL. When I upgraded to the 700, my range improved quite a bit but I only few once and then did the mod on the 700. I don't remember the exact number of feet.

I was asking about no mods at all :) just P2V + RE700. DJI says 500-700 meters :) so I was just curious what to expect when I get my RE700.

My RE500 goes to 300 meters so I would expect 600 meters. That would be more than enough for me in this stage.
On my Re700 I was getting 3400 to 4200 ft. Be for I put external antennas.

Reactions: bernek
On my Re700 I was getting 3400 to 4200 ft. Be for I put external antennas.

Thanks ! That would be 800-1200 meters ! fantastic :) I was hoping for 600 meters ... If I get similar results anything above 600 meters would be enough for me :) Glad didn't bother to order any other mods since the RE700 will do just fine for my needs. I want to fly over a small valley with a stream of water and get back in one piece :D

If I will ever need more now I know the RE700 is a good base to start modding !

The ITELITE antenna kit is an very easy mod but the first upgrade should be RE700 (if you have the RE500) in my opinion.

Its like a drug you'll like going 600 meters and then try for 650 or 700. Try to push it to that next tree or hill. You'll Think if I can just fly to that next?
I'm a tinker, changing antennas on the drone or controller. See if I can push it a little farther.

Its like a drug you'll like going 600 meters and then try for 650 or 700. Try to push it to that next tree or hill. You'll Think if I can just fly to that next?
I'm a tinker, changing antennas on the drone or controller. See if I can push it a little farther.

My next thep would be ITELITE kit :) then I will go for the Phantom side itself ... then I will buy some amps ... then go for a P3-P4 and start again :D

Reactions: Mark The Droner
after flying a Phantom 3 Adv or Pro, you will have a very large smile on your face and be thinking this is it. I had the P3a before I got the P2v+. Reason so I don't burn the P3a up. I which back and forth. If I need to do a long flight I use the P3a (so far 3.6 miles). if it's something I can do around 1 mile I'll use the P2v+. I love both.

after flying a Phantom 3 Adv or Pro, you will have a very large smile on your face and be thinking this is it. I had the P3a before I got the P2v+. Reason so I don't burn the P3a up. I which back and forth. If I need to do a long flight I use the P3a (so far 3.6 miles). if it's something I can do around 1 mile I'll use the P2v+. I love both.

Hehe I will use the P2V for quite a long time :) until it dies out eventually then I'm planning to go for the P4 but it will be cheap that day :p same as the P2V now :)

I know the limitations of P2V but for me its a great way to start and have fun along the way !

I agree for what you get with the P2v you can't go wrong.
It been really windy here (40 mph winds). So haven't any flight time in :(. My buddy Tony been trying. He has his UT sight. You'll see me in a few of his video's. He loves to talk
AZ Quadcopters

I agree for what you get with the P2v you can't go wrong.
It been really windy here (40 mph winds). So haven't any flight time in :(. My buddy Tony been trying. He has his UT sight. You'll see me in a few of his video's. He loves to talk
AZ Quadcopters

I'm still waiting for my RE700 shipped with USPS ... Can't believe its almost a month ago ! I ordered the ITELITE DBS-01 from Poland and should arrive on Monday. Do you think I should connect it to the RE500 until my RE700 arrives ? Maybe it will be fun to test it with RE500 first :) I have great flying weather until Monday night so I'm really happy !

I'm still waiting for my RE700 shipped with USPS ... Can't believe its almost a month ago ! I ordered the ITELITE DBS-01 from Poland and should arrive on Monday. Do you think I should connect it to the RE500 until my RE700 arrives ? Maybe it will be fun to test it with RE500 first :) I have great flying weather until Monday night so I'm really happy !
Your going to have to mod the range extender. might as will practice on the 500. The biggest job is getting the white glue off of the contact points. This is a few video's on You tube about mod. it. just take your time. One of the members here let me borrow the ITElite antenna for my P2v+:). I hooked it up and found I had some problems from one of my mods that I had to fix. I'm so far not that pleased with the range but I'm working on it. I had replace the control antenna on the drone with clover leafs, well the Panel antenna's work better with the stock antenna's. Just have you play around.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
FYI im using the itelite system with no bird side mods
with the RE 500 i got 2787ft
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

with the RE700 i can hit 5211 before i bottled it

Reactions: phxbird57
FYI im using the itelite system with no bird side mods
with the RE 500 i got 2787ft

with the RE700 i can hit 5211 before i bottled it

nice flight. That is what I really like about these drone is watching the flight after wards. Specially if you have colorful surrounding.

Just got my ITELITE today and installed it in around 2 hours :)

The maximum range was around 1100 meters (~3650 feet) with RE500 !!! and no boost (from Litchi) at all. I really wasn't expecting it :)

I was flying over several houses with wifi and all that but it didn't seem to bother it at all :)

Can't wait for my RE700 to arrive :D if the RE500 gave me 1100 meters the RE700 with a minor boost from Litchi (for the camera) I think it will get above 2000 meters (~6500 feet).

ITELITE DBS-01

ITELITE DBS-01

The last one is for 1123 meters range and I could have gone further but the battery was around 50% and decided to come back.

Correct me if im wrong, but does the Vision PLUS model already have the RE700 extender? Since this forum topic is for the Plus model. I had a Vision model (egg shaped) camera and that drone had a RE500 extender. If thats the case, then why are you looking to get a re700 extender when your drone already has one?

Bernek has a P2V and wanted input from those who had an RE 700 which is why he posted in this forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers