ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

I tested today how the directionality of the antenna affects flying in closer ranges. I flew forwards with the Phantom while pointing the antenna 90 degrees to the side and lost FPV at 650m or 2,130ft. So yea, shouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: Bahamasboy
Got my antenna today! And of course the wind outside is about one notch under monsoon. Go figure.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DBS, just out of curiosity...has anyone done this type of test with a stock Vision 2 plus? This is incredible!!!

BTW and just as an FYI, I ordered a new wifi extender today. I'm looking forward to that getting me additional distance- I seriously believe you are correct about my weak wifi signal being an issue with my extender. Cheers!!

My Stock distance on an open field is 4500 feet.

Reactions: Bahamasboy
Received a new wifi extender today! Charging up and will do the mod but probably wont be able to fly until later. QUESTION: I'd like to test my new extender range w/o mod to what my old one was getting for comparison but since I've modded the TX and don't have an SMA antenna... would it be okay to fly TX using the itelite panel but using the stock wifi extender at the same time to check fpv distance?

Received a new wifi extender today! Charging up and will do the mod but probably wont be able to fly until later. QUESTION: I'd like to test my new extender range w/o mod to what my old one was getting for comparison but since I've modded the TX and don't have an SMA antenna... would it be okay to fly TX using the itelite panel but using the stock wifi extender at the same time to check fpv distance?

Yes you can do that just make sure the antennas not blocking the extender. The extender will need a clear line of sight between it and the bird so you can't attach the new antenna to it.

Thanks Bear. I just figured out a temp mount for the new extender using the iphone clip. Basically make a zip tie loop thru the extender's mounting holes and slip it over the top arm of the iphone clip. Slide it down to the curve (where your fingers press to open the clip) and zip it tight. It stays there very well and doesn't wobble much AND is at the correct angle for flight by adjusting the tilt of the ball socket of the clip! The new antenna panel will be mounted on old extender as normal! I'll post pics once it's all connected should anyone need a temp mount!

What's up guys... wanted to post a couple videos addressing accusations regarding patch antenna beamwidth and penetration...

I will not "badmouth" anyone else's products here or rate them (or berate them) just to make a linear polarized patch panel look better than it already looks.

Just simple "real world" tests that will confirm truth in product claims and show evidence to support those claims.

I had posted a video the other day showing beamwidth testing of a patch panel antenna with the DJI inspire 1... but somebody pointed out "that isn't the same antenna, that isn't the same drone, that isn't the same video/control RF" ... good points ... Thank-you for the opportunity to be very much more specific in the testing procedure.

Here it is... itelite DBS Phantom antenna kit with Phantom 2 Vision Plus

OK so there's that...

And now a video from a forum member here addressing signal penetration, interference, and everyday "surrounding area" obstacles that may or may not limit your range results. @Bear501

Now... look closely at the environment this guy has to deal with as he heads out in the beginning of the video... trees right in front of him... powerlines just beyond those trees... heavily forested area with lots of homes etc probably introducing Wi-Fi interference.

Now fast forward to the end of the video and see where he actually has to control his drone from...
7250ft Range... 160ft altitude... absolutely amazing :cool:

Last edited:
Yes:)
My've come today:)
Now the weekend is saved.
Should fly it on Thursday and I want inrte modify it before then.
Will be back with results.

DBS the key here is that was done at 160'. For me 5000' + needs more elevation to pull that off.

Thanks DBS , I don't do Facebook and if ya need my order # I got it .
box.jpg
Thumbs up.jpg

So ya, that is my video that DBS posted and a hell of a story how I got it. I had already been talking to DBS about buying one then my phantom went on its own trip and got lost overnight and rained on. I thought I had lost it and had to buy a new one so there was no way for me to by both the new antenna and a phantom. So to help me out ITELITE decided to send me a antenna for free. I had been getting a lot of help from DBS through private messages and he is the one that past on my story to ITELITE.

I have had real good results with this antenna. I had already updated my transmitter and WiFi repeater for the FPVLR stage two set up, but never did get very good distance from them. I still have a lot more flying I want to do with this antenna, but so far I am VERY impressed with this thing.

Here is my tracks from the above video. You can see how far left and right I went even with all the interference. I did lose control once as you can tell in the video, but that's because of trees not beamdwidth.

1430249491836.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: garrock and Skynet1
Am really impressed with just my first test run this evening and only went out 1000' but was only 100' up and with my other's I had to be way higher
To clear a patch of trees I fly over .
Now...can these port 2 & 3 cables be got half the length they came with ?

Thanks DBS! After the inspire 90degree I knew it was just a matter of time! Bear, NICE!!!! Especially the maneuvering and hand catch!! It's nice to fly isn't it!!!

Reactions: Jim F
I'm really loving this new ITELITE antenna. It's durable, sleek and fits in my case. I was present for the DJI inspire 1 test and I filmed it for DBS. This is an expensive hobby at FINALLY THERE IS AN ACCESSORY THAT IS REASONABLY PRICED

Great area to fly' lots of open space. There is a little interference with a school close by and some power lines but we are still able to get some really great distances here. I can't wait to see the records being made where there is no interference with this panel

Finally got a chance this morning to do a quick flight with the new antenna. I returned to the same location I was at last week when I was testing my Stage 2 antenna. With it I reached approx 3800' at roughly 450' altitude before I lost video. I headed out on the same flight plan today to do a direct comparison. Well, I blew thru 4000' without issue, and chickened out when I crossed 5000' and brought it back home. Had one small video glitch on the return flight at about 3800' out but I was also passing over a small neighborhood at that point so who knows what type of interference there may have been. Needless to say, I'm very impressed!! Can't wait to play around with it more!

Also I should note that I'm using a P2V (not a V+) with an RE700 instead of the stock RE500....

DBS or anyone,

I received my Itelite panel and proceeded to complete the mods to my WIFI extender and Tx. The extender mod went well with no issues, but when I scraped away the silicone on the Tx, I damaged the U.FL connector on the Tx side. The nipple was still intact so I decided to try and solder the female wire to the nipple, but got solder everywhere. My fingers are too fat and that **** U.FL is way too small for my skills. So, I ask, can anyone help me our here? I'd be willing to send my Tx via mail and pay someone to fix it? I just ordered a new Tx, but I'm not sure I want to try it again. The wife was pissed at me, LOL. Help a brotha out!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4