ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

That is awesome!!!! I'm more than happy to be a beta tester ;)

I pre-orderd earlier. While I wait i'm going to update my bird antennas.

A noob questions but for the bird camera do i use 2 2.4ghz and the bird receiver 2 5.8ghz.

Also does it matter if they are RHCP or LHCP or circular polorized?

Also kits that have 2 anntennas often come with one TX and one RX. Why is that?
example - http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-8GHz-Circular-Polarized-Mushroom-Antenna-SMA-Set-Tx-Rx-for-FPV-Aerial-RC/271676723907?_trksid=p2054897.c100204.m3164&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20140407115239&meid=0858701b54fd47588b616e8173662d21&pid=100204&rk=2&rkt=30&mehot=pp&sd=271329862237

I pre-orderd earlier. While I wait i'm going to update my bird antennas.

A noob questions but for the bird camera do i use 2 2.4ghz and the bird receiver 2 5.8ghz.

Also does it matter if they are RHCP or LHCP or circular polorized?

Also kits that have 2 anntennas often come with one TX and one RX. Why is that?
example - http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-8GHz-Circular-Polarized-Mushroom-Antenna-SMA-Set-Tx-Rx-for-FPV-Aerial-RC/271676723907?_trksid=p2054897.c100204.m3164&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20140407115239&meid=0858701b54fd47588b616e8173662d21&pid=100204&rk=2&rkt=30&mehot=pp&sd=271329862237

Just my suggestions OK?

If you are going to upgrade your bird antennas and you are going to use the itelite DBS Phantom... don't upgrade your bird to circular polarized... the itelite is not circular polarized so it won't help anything at all... in fact I would leave the 5.8gHz antennas in the legs right where they are... itelite matched the DBS Phantom control patch to those antennas... there is no need to use any circular polarization on a transmitter channel on a bird that doesn't fly sideways or upside down.

On the 2.4gHz Wi-Fi antennas I would try this mod first... I went out past 12,000ft with this setup no problem.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Re: itelite making antennas for us soon - update page 2 - te

UPDATE !!

itelite gave me the scoop on pricing just minutes ago...

$89.99 USD
Package includes:
~6.5inch x 3.5inch "all in one" flat panel antenna with white housing/3D Phantom silhouette ...
~Quick mount bracket for slip on attachment to Range extender...
~All pigtail cables (3) needed to plug into your transmitter and range extender.

First production run is running and expected to hit U.S. soil on or before March 31st 2015...

Itelite is sending 2 antennas to be given away on PhantomPilots.com Forum... Still trying to figure out what type of contest or drawing to do to be fair about this and to get it where everyone sees it... I know there's a contests and giveaways section here but who actually looks there?... I don't...

Any ideas?

Thanks for the testing DBS..

Now in regards to the package...
Is this all that is needed?
Or do we need to get 3 more pigs tails - 1 for the Remote, and 2 for the wifi extender.
If we need to purchase additional pigs tails, can you advise which ones (these SMA heads can be rather confusing).

Thanks again :)

I'll be ordering this panel later on for sure, I've only come across this thread and luckily so as I was seriously debating on pulling the trigger on spending the nearly $500 on a stage 4 kit. It makes me much happier that I can try this out first.

Reactions: dirkclod
Yeah I'm close to making an order too but with new Phantom waiting around the corner I'm still unsure about keeping P2 or not. However, the price is right!

I purchased the Itelite hoping it will not be as directional in the 5.8Ghz as the narrow beam helix on my stage 2. I hope this is the case?

Would anyone know if the itelite antenna would work with the FPVLR birdside antennas which are the 5.8ghz and 2.4ghz?

Would anyone know if the itelite antenna would work with the FPVLR birdside antennas which are the 5.8ghz and 2.4ghz?
Probly be a better idea to stick with circular polarization on the ground if you already have it installed on your bird.... the itelite panel will work with them but it won't have the same benefit it has with the stock antenna setup.

Just got word from itelite that the Pre-orders event will end Friday April 10th... at that time the price will go up to the normal MSRP of $98 USD Plus shipping and handling.
(Friday date is projected based on sales so far (they are actually selling out) if volume increases before the shipment arrives the Pre-orders link will go dead until more antennas come off the line and ship to Miami hub)

(Only 9 bucks... shouldn't kill anybody who's waiting to see real world results from the forums)

Any idea when the antenna will be available from European resellers?

I know they are talking to people but I don't know anything about timelines... sorry

They said that Pre-order link is good for worldwide right now though... but I don't know how bad the shipping is... you can run through the steps in the Pre-orders link and see your charges before you commit to buy anything.

I'll try and ask again about European timing but they aren't too upfront about details with me until they have things pretty much written in stone.

Hey DBS, are they still planning on shipping this week?

Antennas are showing tracking to Miami warehouse arrival Friday... depends on the truck's arrival time... if they can get some or all done on Friday, they will... if the truck is late in the afternoon they will all go out on Monday at the latest.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers