ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

Re: itelite making antennas update page 2... price and relea

DBS said:
capodrone81 said:
hello again, and thank you for this thread. I need your help and experience..

I had my first flyaway this weekend while shooting footage at about 100m high and 168 meters out at a racetrack that has a cell phone 3g tower dead center of track...

When you say "flyaway" ... Just to be clear , don't you mean "signal loss" ... In other words... You lost transmitter contact with your Phantom and couldn't control... Flyaway usually means it flew in its own direction and you had to go find it.

I recovered using RTH and all was well and i continued on with my day.
did you flip the S1 switch or turn off the transmitter to initiate RTH ? or did the bird go into RTH on it's own due to loss of signal?

my thoughts are Id like to increase signal strength to my craft...
I asked the above questions to determine if that is going to help you... If your bird went into RTH on it's own due to loss of signal ... Then you are right ... Stronger signal might be the right answer.

If you initiated RTH by S1 switch or turning off transmitter... You have another problem going on there that should be figured out before moving on.

does i lite offer anything for us non vision users to enhance oem controller, or is this something i will have to purchase an aftermarket receiver and controller.

itelite has some really solid antennas for 2.4gHz tx but let's make sure you actually need one

i appreciate your input.. thank you! :geek:

Please try and post a picture of your antenna setup on your landing gear area you spoke of in the other thread and we'll move on from there

I initiated RTH after watching fpv screen beyond los, phantom yaw counterclockwise 180 degrees and pitched aggressively hard backwards away from me let go of sticks in gps mode completely and watched craft continue to fly away.. initiated RTH at that point craft came back and cycled switches again to regain control and continue flying...

jQWrpnU.jpg

EDIT: DBS i used to follow you over when you had ar drone on that forum.. hopefully this is the same dbs.. you were one of the main reasons i came to purchase the phantom platform...

Re: itelite making antennas for us soon - update page 2 - te

DBS said:
$89.99 USD
Package includes:
~6.5inch x 3.5inch "all in one" flat panel antenna with white housing/3D Phantom silhouette ...
~Quick mount bracket for slip on attachment to Range extender...
~All pigtail cables (3) needed to plug into your transmitter and range extender.

First production run is running and expected to hit U.S. soil on or before March 31st 2015...

Any ideas?
Any ideas??? Yeah.. raise the price (from a merchants point of view).
A very competitive price given the deep down range signal/control increase over stock. And, fairly compact too for controller storage.

Key Technical Point: This ground based antenna system maintains the Deep Down Range Antenna Diversity feature of a stock DJI Phantom 2 Vision series controller.

A 1.4 mile AR Drone flight using an itElite ground based antenna solution:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5P_LmEpxxQ[/youtube]

don't raise the price, thats silly, just so the merchants can make money.. Im shocked you would say that hopefully sarcastically on a open forum.... :?: :oops:

garrock said:
Any ideas??? Yeah.. raise the price (from a merchants point of view).
A very competitive price given the deep down range signal/control increase over stock. And, fairly compact too for controller storage.

Why would you want them to raise the price unless you're a competitor?

capodrone81 said:
I initiated RTH after watching fpv screen beyond los, phantom yaw counterclockwise 180 degrees and pitched aggressively hard backwards away from me let go of sticks in gps mode completely and watched craft continue to fly away.. initiated RTH at that point craft came back and cycled switches again to regain control and continue flying...

jQWrpnU.jpg

EDIT: DBS i used to follow you over when you had ar drone on that forum.. hopefully this is the same dbs.. you were one of the main reasons i came to purchase the phantom platform...

(I am the same guy... Cool that you followed along to the Phantom world... Love to hear that kind of stuff)

Good info in your post... Sounds like you did have a partial flyaway but it was due to some sort of compass failure... Have you hooked up to Phantom assistant and checked your compass values? Done an advanced IMU calibration and compass calibration since adding any new hardware?

The fact that your Phantom responded to the RTH command shows that you still had transmitter signal being picked up by the birds receiver...

Other notes... Your 2.4gHz antenna is severely kinked... That needs to be straightened out or you are losing valuable db of sensitivity there...
Your 2.4 and 5.8 are definitely too close to eachother... It would be worth it (even if it was a lot of work) to separate those. I can see in the picture the opposite leg has nothing.

hooked up p2 assistant and ran imu basic phantom prompt came up not necessary, still ran anyways..
ill fix the kink didn't know that is bad... thank you
see pic of front leg the VTX wires are coming out of phantom shell their.. which will carry power and video (front right leg) .. problem? see pic.

can i install over compass on rear left leg? opposite of vtx?

lastly how bad interferance wise with phantom is a ground station 3g att cellular tower which was very near to where i was flying (dead center of race track)(it is designed so that the racepark has full cellular bars while in the park but as soon as you leave the park your back to 0 bars and gods country)
PYXUmE6.jpg
zE7nk7i.jpg

I'm in for one set....

Thanks! look forward to the link.... and I like the 6x6 size.

I like the compact size of the all-in-one unit too. I have FPVLR Stage 2 right now and it's bulky and heavy.

Back when I used to fly with analog video on 1.28GHz, my favorite antenna was this beautiful lightweight circular patch antenna: http://www.getfpv.com/circular-wireless ... tch12.html. It's great to see something equally small and light for 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz!

CloudsNeverDie said:
Back when I used to fly with analog video on 1.28GHz, my favorite antenna was this beautiful lightweight circular patch antenna: http://www.getfpv.com/circular-wireless ... tch12.html. It's great to see something equally small and light for 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz!

**** that thing is purdy... always liked the look of that little sweetie :ugeek:

DBS said:
UPDATE !!
itelite gave me the scoop on pricing just minutes ago...

$89.99 USD
Package includes:
~6.5inch x 3.5inch "all in one" flat panel antenna with white housing/3D Phantom silhouette ...
~Quick mount bracket for slip on attachment to Range extender...
~All pigtail cables (3) needed to plug into your transmitter and range extender.

First production run is running and expected to hit U.S. soil on or before March 31st 2015...

Uhm... one more week to go, can't wait for these puppies to hit availability.
DBS, have you tested the maximum range with them and stock setup on the bird?

Yeah chomping at the bit, esp now that I finally have a working flytrex installed.

robinb said:
If they are in US next week they should be available in EU this ?

Unfortunately not yet, I've already checked, it's the same date for orders as the US.

DBS, was there an order to link?

No links yet... I will be talking with itelite more in the next couple days... they are unsure about doing any preorders (owner is just old school like that... you don't sell something you don't have yet)... we are working on him. :ugeek:

Well come on what gives, I want one of these antennas. And I want it before everybody else, I think we should hold an auction for the first batch.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj