ITELITE Antenna Mod_ Video slowly crapping out.

Reaction score
I installed the TX mod a while back and did get further distance. But the video TX fell short. I would lose video but still have control over the bird. After testing it a few times the distance would seem to be getting shorter and shorter over time. So I decided to get the MOD for the bird side and see if I got any further , well,,,not really but the video quality was much better. So I just accepted it and continued to fly around..

Then the same thing started to happen my video distance was only about 700 feet, and choppy... I thought it was the Transmitter on the bird side. . When I bought the PV2+ well I bought 2 of them and kept one in the box and never used it..Untill yesterday . I took the TX and bound it,t hen proceeded to fly and did get a maximum of 2500 feet till I lost connection with the bird and it came back to its home point, BUT I never lost video... HMMMM so this means that its the range extender that slowly crapped out was the issue..

Now I'm not sure if it was a defective extender or maybe the video antenna mod didn't match up to
the range extender and it slowly burnt it self out... [like SWR's in a HAM or CB radio..]

So what I did was just use the MOD for the TX only no video and just keep the range extender as is,
But how was I going to mount this?? IMG_0178.JPG After testing this I was able to go 3500 feet with out loss of video , still having control over the bird, and still had full bars. Just thought I'd share this .

Goat

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl