Itelite antenna for P2V± V3

How do you recommend that I can increase the range of the RC ? modifying bird atennas ? I'm afraid of the black glue of death.
you already have the screw adapted for the RC antenna on the controller. find a 5.8 dipole antenna and put a wind surfer on it. See if that woulds better. The panel antenna's that is in the etilite antenna works best with a dipole like the stock ones. I switched out to a clover leaf and made it worse.
That way your not out a lot if it does not work. had you tried a wind surfer before?

I haven't tried a windsurfer but I'm sceptical about its lateral performance since it directs the beam straight forward. I would preferably increase the range on the bird since I like the way ITELITE panel is on the RC wouldn't add another antenna for 5.8 GHz...

What kind of cloverleaf antennas should I try to mount on the bird for better RC range ?

Reactions: bernek
this is the one I got and very happy with it. You can bend the cable if need be. I tried it straight down right a long the leg of the landing gear, it worked best with the panel type antenna, or bend it 45 degree sticking out like a tail and it seems to work that way better with the dipole. the
https://www.amazon.com/Crazepony-Ci...ons&keywords=clover+leaf+antenna+5.8ghz&psc=1

So I should get 2 of those or only one ? What is the aproximate gain I'm looking at regarding range ? Thanks !

So I should get 2 of those or only one ? What is the aproximate gain I'm looking at regarding range ? Thanks !
you will need to replace the cable coming off of the transmitter board ( black glue of death). Here is a link to the type of cable you will need showing both ends. I've got spare cable from ordering the wrong ends.
Cable 10CM RPSMA female bulkhead IPX U.fl female 1.13mm RF Pigtail jumper cable
I did buy two antennas one straight and one at a 90 degree. play around with them to see which way works best for you.
as for range I don't know it should help but like the itelite antenna I did not get any thing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj