Italy regulations

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has experiencing bring a drone into italy (florence/rome/cinque terra). Based on the below website, it looks like we need a civil license.

Drone Laws in Italy | UAV Coach

I was wondering if its necessary? Another website also mentioned that I need third party insurance for flying. Did anyone of you get it to be able to fly in Italy? Thanks!

I just called Alitalia.
Took them 10 minutes to answer yes batteries and drones can be
In your carry-on
I then phoned the Italian consulate in Toronto. She told me to talk to the airline. But when I mentioned ENAC she Transferred me to a message telling me to check their website for all the answers.
Needless to say I checked their website and I saw nothing regarding small drones.
I checked back at ENAC, reread the paper and am coming up with the conclusion that they are placing small drones (under 25 kilo's) in the same category as a "Model aircraft"
I will be doing more research before I go to the Amalfi Coast in August.
I just came back from Mexico. And they had no questions whatsoever about the batteries and drone in my carry-on.
But I was prepared.
-Batteries drained to below 50%
-Terminals taped off.
-wrapped in individual plastic bags
-all packed into a Lipo bag.
No blades or screwdrivers with the bird (perceived weapons?)
But better safe than sorry.
When are you going ?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    465.1 KB · Views: 1,096
thanks for the info. I will be going to florence,rome,milan, cinque terra, venice and will be leaving in a week

This helps i be going to italy in a few days time.. how about the licence? Do we need to appy. Im flying dji 4

Any updates from those who recently visited Italy with their drone? I too will be going to Italy in a few days. Would sure like to get an update/experience before I go. I'm still thinking of brining mine with just in case but I'll also be visiting Turkey/France/Spain.

At the end of the day I didn't bring my drone as it was a bit of a hassle. However, following iam's instructions I'm sure u can bring it no problem. Keep in mind, if u are visiting mostly tourist places, there's always huge crowds everywhere and you might not want to bring it out. But if you are traveling to the country side, it would be best.

Reactions: iAm
I just called Alitalia.
Took them 10 minutes to answer yes batteries and drones can be
In your carry-on
I then phoned the Italian consulate in Toronto. She told me to talk to the airline. But when I mentioned ENAC she Transferred me to a message telling me to check their website for all the answers.
Needless to say I checked their website and I saw nothing regarding small drones.
I checked back at ENAC, reread the paper and am coming up with the conclusion that they are placing small drones (under 25 kilo's) in the same category as a "Model aircraft"
I will be doing more research before I go to the Amalfi Coast in August.
I just came back from Mexico. And they had no questions whatsoever about the batteries and drone in my carry-on.
But I was prepared.
-Batteries drained to below 50%
-Terminals taped off.
-wrapped in individual plastic bags
-all packed into a Lipo bag.
No blades or screwdrivers with the bird (perceived weapons?)
But better safe than sorry.
When are you going ?

I'm going to the Amalfi Coast this September as well am I'm worried about not having a permit - I read through the same documents you did but it really did not specify clearly. Not sure what to do at this point. I plan on putting the bird on as carry-on and keeping the wings in my checked-in luggage. Were you able to get any more clarification regarding even bringing a drone to Italy?

I'm here now.
No problem.
Just stay away from population when flying.
can't fly at night Or above 50 metres high.
You can chance it if you are in the countryside, but if you get caught...
I only had a lady being annoyed at the noise sounding like a big bee. She asked me not to fly early in the morning.
...That's when I like to fly. No winds usually in the mornings...
I reluctantly respected her wishes except for on my last day in Amalfi.

I'm here now.
No problem.
Just stay away from population when flying.
can't fly at night Or above 50 metres high.
You can chance it if you are in the countryside, but if you get caught...
I only had a lady being annoyed at the noise sounding like a big bee. She asked me not to fly early in the morning.
...That's when I like to fly. No winds usually in the mornings...
I reluctantly respected her wishes except for on my last day in Amalfi.
Did you require any permit at all? Did you need to register your drone with FAA? Any help would be useful. Appreciate your detailed feedback- enjoy your trip!

i did not have a permit nor did I register the drone with the Italian FAA.
I did not have insurance either.
I feel that if you play within their required limits the police will not bother you.
Just be cautious where you fly.
Have a great trip.
I did.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 1,284
Last edited:
Reactions: Jay Vannavong
hi im a beginner hobbyist. im from italy. should i need to register my phantom 3 standard.? and if. where should i register.? and get the registration number etc,?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav