It says my DJI battery isn't DJI

Another possibility is the battery is counterfeit.
I bought a battery from a dealer once that looked just like the real thing.
It only lasted a few minutes every charge.
I know better now not to be buying batteries from some dealer who is being "nice" and charging it for you.

Yep... the clones are difficult to spot sometimes. They look exactly like the OEM. One of my friends had one (though he bought it knowingly) and he had to mark it with a Sharpie so he knew it was the "cheapy".

But B&H is very reputable. I wouldn't imagine they'd be selling knock-offs.

More like, as Geert said, it's the data pins need cleaning.

the bottom battery connector is the one that tells if it is oem or not. i had a broken cable so i got the error message. fixed the cable and all better.

Not that this is as important but I have a wireless Hp scanner, printer thing. I put in a brand new HP print cartridge that works but the printer keeps telling me it isn't a HP cartridge. As electronics get smarter, I think they get bored and want to piss us off for fun.

Monte55 said:
Not that this is as important but I have a wireless Hp scanner, printer thing. I put in a brand new HP print cartridge that works but the printer keeps telling me it isn't a HP cartridge. As electronics get smarter, I think they get bored and want to piss us off for fun.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mine is legit and also gave the same error then started to fail today resulting in a drop into long grass, it was giving battery warning at 89% and went to 51% with red arse lights on the phantom as well as the ipad going mental lol, scary moment

RobFallen said:
Mine is legit and also gave the same error then started to fail today resulting in a drop into long grass, it was giving battery warning at 89% and went to 51% with red arse lights on the phantom as well as the ipad going mental lol, scary moment

sounds like you have an issue with the connection. This might help.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003D8 ... UTF8&psc=1

DJi did reply afer a couple of days...

Hello Sir,
Thank you for contacting us.
I am sorry to hear about your bad experience with the drone. I would like to ask you about the battery. Could you please tell me how many times it has been used /how many flights/, how has it been stored and so.on. We are probably dealing with a faulty battery, so I would like to find out what could have caused this.
Best regards
Technical support
DJI GmbH

Latest reply from DJi Support -

Hello Sir,
When the case with the battery is as described, you should contact your dealer and ask for a warranty replacement. You have a warranty covering your battery and you can use it.
Best regards
Technical support
DJI GmbH

While you wait for DJI to get you a new battery, here is an example of what I was trying to tell you a couple days ago. Good luck

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26154

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1