It moves

Threw in the towel. I've tried re installing, triple calibrations, rain dancing, turn this off then on then backwards, cleaning, praying, everything. So the email went out to dji, guess we will see how long this takes.
Feeling defeated.
Dropbox - File Jan 03, 8 12 44 PM.mov

How high is that? It looks like still in ground effect, what happens at like 8 feet? And also like 20 feet....

Just fly with it and take a video from above. We all get some movement, it doesn't affect the video. The higher I go above 20 feet, the better it flies. With the old fw it was more stable but this works fine for my videos. I fly the Phantom, it doesn't fly me. I hope that makes sense because I don't see an issue with your video. Yes it's moving, it's low to the ground. Take it up to 200' and it won't affect the video at all. Anything for me from 4' and up, I fly it where I want it to go easily. Quit sweating the small stuff an go out and have some fun :D:):D

I'm am probably being a little extra paranoid. I take more photos then videos with it which is probably why im more paranoid. And it didn't move this much with the previous fw. The ground I was hovering over was grass. And I'll do some test at higher elevation today.
I did get a response from Dji about and they just said to put on carbon props, which I have and tried and didn't see much change. Would love to see some clips from your ally hovering just so I could compare.
Thanks again all.

Reactions: Reed L
I'm am probably being a little extra paranoid. I take more photos then videos with it which is probably why im more paranoid. And it didn't move this much with the previous fw. The ground I was hovering over was grass. And I'll do some test at higher elevation today.
I did get a response from Dji about and they just said to put on carbon props, which I have and tried and didn't see much change. Would love to see some clips from your ally hovering just so I could compare.
Thanks again all.
It looked normal to me. Just looking at the video, the way the water and tree branches are moving, it seems to be windy. The drone is also very low to the ground so you're fighting the air boxing back up from the propeller wind.

Two questions:
1. Are you in P mode?
2. Is VPS turned off?

P mode and vps on.
It was a little windy. Although it may not look like it but it's fairly protected where I was flying it. The drone was probably 6 feet off of the ground

P mode and vps on.
It was a little windy. Although it may not look like it but it's fairly protected where I was flying it. The drone was probably 6 feet off of the ground
Your P3 looks normal to me. 2-3 mph of wind is barely perceptible. You may have had just a bit more than that in the video.

That is a normal amount of "drifting" that low to the ground. Two things are fighting each other there. Ground effect and the VPS system. Mine definitely looks the same that low and is normal.

Try two things if you feel comfortable.
1. Turn off VPS in the Go App and repeat at same altitude.
2. Hover out of the ground effect and out of the VPS range (3 Meters).

Take her up to 20 feet, in calm conditions (dawn or dusk, or whenever it's calm) and see what you get. As stated, your video looks entirely normal.

SD

The ultimate test would be a picture at night from 10m+ height over ground where you expose manually for over 2 seconds. The picture should be sharp!!
Actually, I was asthonished by the effects and crispiness of night pictures from p3p.
Night pics are possible due to the combined stability of the p and gimbal

The ultimate test would be a picture at night from 10m+ height over ground where you expose manually for over 2 seconds. The picture should be sharp!!
Actually, I was asthonished by the effects and crispiness of night pictures from p3p.
Night pics are possible due to the combined stability of the p and gimbal

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451953659.607287.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451953676.878788.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451953689.894228.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451953704.717275.jpg

Finally turned vps off. I took a screen shot as I took the actual shot. The higher altitude is sharper then the one at 60 feet. I was still fairly impressed with a 2 second shutter. I took several photos and pulled the best, because there was a occasional slight little blow of wind. Could have been why I didn't get a less blurry 60 foot shot. I'm guess I'm chalking this experience up as, maybe it doesn't move as much as I thought, and don't judge it at 5 feet off the ground. Annnnnnnd turn off vps.

wooww! Amazing pics !
Try with less lights I mean a bit more into night, and put camera to MANUAL settings.
The p3p is amazing at this. Take exposure time to over 1 second, and play the shutter apperture. You will get the most amazing pics ever.
There are youtube videos telling the story of night pic technique with p3p
Also, let the p3p stabilize itself for several seconds before taking stills pics
PS
You wont see the picture as is on the display at real time, only after it was exposed. So set a review time to see what was shot. At real time you may see dark blur noise....

Last edited:
Reactions: cactusfrog
Thanks everybody for the help. Guess I count this as a I'm an idiot learning experience.
Raana I'll try a little later in the evening longer exposure shot, thanks.

wooww! Amazing pics !
Try with less lights I mean a bit more into night, and put camera to MANUAL settings.
The p3p is amazing at this. Take exposure time to over 1 second, and play the shutter apperture. You will get the most amazing pics ever.
There are youtube videos telling the story of night pic technique with p3p
Also, let the p3p stabilize itself for several seconds before taking stills pics
PS
You wont see the picture as is on the display at real time, only after it was exposed. So set a review time to see what was shot. At real time you may see dark blur noise....

Played a little tonight, think I waited a little to late. Even after Lightroom it's still to noisy for my taste, but I'm making headway. Any more constructive criticism is appreciated.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452040595.384000.jpg

I think it looks pretty cool. What were your camera settings on this shot?

Iso 800
Shutter 3 seconds
Raw
Single shot
Image size 4:3
Auto wb
Style standard
Turned arm lights off for shot

Once exported to Lightroom I bumped up exposure a bit brought highlights down and shadows up just a bit. A fair amount of noise reduction then on export to jpg I added a little sharpness.

Hi cactusfrog. Really cool. It take some practice, but you can see a feature that only our cameras can do... the pics are out of the ordinary. The posted pic certainly gives a dramatic view of your area, not seen from anywhere else...

Reactions: cactusfrog

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl