Issues with take off

Hi Gianni thanks for your info on the weight of your phantom, I suppose if I never had my gimbal mine would be around your weight as it is mine is "officially" over weight but I'm having no problem with it flying in any way,( p2 props fitted) I suppose it might be a bit slower but as I've increased the weight over a period of time I haven't noticed it.
since you've suggested about having the lipo wires coming out the front and I then done the same, it's made the setting up process a lot quicker and another thing it's a lot stressful on the lipo wires.
before having to shove the 3000mAh lipo in wire first by the time I'd fiddled doing that and getting the door closed often I'd miss the CL & HL flashes and still sit there waiting for them like an idiot.

cheers
ray

Hi Ray. Happy to know that my small suggestion was appreciated and had good results.
I want to ask you something about the use of P2 props: did you use the self tighting type?
And did you change something in the gains using the Naza assistant?
The reason for these questions is that in an italian forum I read someone claiming to have had quad stability problems using 9" props.
I am not sure were P2 original props or compatible carbon type props.
Another question is related to prop balancing: do you normally check if your props are balanced and how do you perform the test?

Regards
Gianni

Hi Gianni
yes I did use the self tightening props 9443 ( these are the ones I bought, in fact they were so good I bought a second set for spares, hope I don't need them:)) makes so much difference in flying time
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291269014415?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT.
and I never had to change anything on the gains, I just left the assistant alone and they work fine and gave me at least another 2 minutes of flying time.

I have tried the CF props but didn't like them,a lot noisier, more dangerous in an accident if you have one, and they did need the gain setting changed as you said the stability was not good so I've dumped them.

yes I do check the balance on all my props, but the ones I got,(above), only needed a slight bit of balancing,
I discovered many years ago flying planes that a balanced prop gives you a better performance, quieter and a lot less vibration and wear on the motors.

I balance my props using a rod supplied by this guy Patrick,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291269014415?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT.

see this video on how I do mine except that I don't sand the back of my props, (makes them thinner, maybe weaker?) I've just used a very small (1cm x 3mm) piece of electricians tape (white, can't see it) and try it in different positions along the underside of the props until they balance

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ray

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31