Issues with phantom vision

Reaction score
I received my vision last night with much anticipation. But I'm having a few issues. I listed them below.

1) on the get started booklet provided in the box there were 3 qr codes that take you to training links. After scanning each of them they all took me to a 404 error page on dji site. I even typed in the link they provided and the only video I found was the 1st video giving instructions how to in pack your vision and set it up. Anyone else having this issue? Are the other videos located somewhere else?

2)I successfully hooked up the vision with the remote, transmitter and the app on my iPhone. I can shoot video and take pictures, I can turn the rotors on and fly it. However I can not move the camera gimbal from my iPhone. When I push the icon up or down nothing happens. Also I'm not getting a speed, altimeter or distance reading it just reads n/a on the bottom.

If anyone can please help or offer any suggestions please me let me know. Thanks in advance!!

Hi there.

DJI obviously changed their mind about where to stick the training videos after the quick starts all went to the printers! If you go to the Vision section of the DJI website you can see the first training video was published yesterday. I assume they will be getting them all out over the next few days.

In relation to your issue with the iPhone app I can't help specifically as I use the android version. I am able to control the gimble, change all camera settings, etc without rotors running and indoors (no GPS) - HOWEVER if there's no GPS lock then I don't get any distance or speed information on the app. Are you getting green flashing LEDs on the aircraft and is the app showing it's picked up more than 4 satellites (in the camera view it's under the power meter, top right of screen on android)?

Thanks Pull_up for the quick responce. Im testing the copter in my kitchen and am not getting any satelites it reads zero.
The vision is blinking steady yellow indicating its ready to fly without gps. I read throught the manual and did a reset on the transmitter and was able successfully reset it. However its still not helping my gimbel issue. Also i wanted to ask does your gimbel motor even at rest make a buzzing noise? it even crackles slightly, im assuming this is normal and the servo motor is just doing its job?? Not sure what else to do about the gimbel i havent even flown the thing yet!!!

Yes, no GPS signal will, I think, mean N/A for all the data fields at the bottom. The gimbal servo does make a good old noise, even at rest. My understanding is that as it attempts to do a bit of stabilization then the servo is permanently powered up in order to get quick reaction to any tilt of the craft.

I don't know why you are unable to tilt the gimbal with the on-screen arrows, though - what happens if you hold down the on-screen button above the arrows and try tilting your phone at the same time? Whilst powered up (I'd remove the props first if I were you) If you pick the aircraft up and tilt it forwards and backwards in the air by hand does the gimbal move to compensate? If not, it might be a servo fault. If it does then it may be worth uninstalling the app completely from your phone and downloading it again to see if that gets you going.

When i pick up the vision the gimbel will hold its bearing and move when i tilt the copter back and forth, so thats the good news. The bad news is it still will not move via the up/down icon on my phone. I tried the button above up/down arrows and tried to tilt my iphone and still nothing. I will try to uninstall the app and reinstall. I bought it off of dronefly.com here in the USA. i will call them this morning when they get in. If you or anyone else can help with any more suggestions it would be much appreciated!!

thanks for the quick responces Pull_up!!

No problem. I haven't been able to fly my Vision since Sunday morning due to either too much wind or too much rain here, so itching to get back out again. Sorry I can't help any more with the iPhone app - as I said I'm on android - but there may some settings on it that you could tweak.

I've just had another thought - when you connect the app, which wifi SSID are you connecting to? Make sure it's the one that starts Phantom_1***** and not the other one that appears. I believe that the camera on the Vision will show up it's own SSID but you must connect your phone to the range extender SSID as above in order for everything to work. If you've already done that then ignore me... I think we've hit the limits of my ability to help now!! :lol:

just to clarify, my gimbal makes noises like my 9600 baud modem did back in 1995! it also compensates for manual tilt of the main body when i pick it up - its not exactly speedy but it does move.

i can control via the 'up' & 'down' buttons on the left hand side of the app but ,although the right hand graphical bar seems to change its display format, i cannot seem to use the gyro settings of my iphone to control the tilt of the gimbal. can either of you make this happen or is this yet another feature announced but not actually operational in the launch firmware?

Studiowise- that function does not work either on my vision. But i think you need to hold the gyro button down to make the gyro work but i cant say forsure because I CANT GET IT TO WORK!!! Glad to hear that you gimbel is making noises as well. Once Dronefly.com opens up noon my time, 10 pacific. Ill repost what they say to do. I really hope its an easy fix and i don't have to send it back. I really want to go outside and have some fun!!!

Pull_Up said:
No problem. I haven't been able to fly my Vision since Sunday morning due to either too much wind or too much rain here, so itching to get back out again. Sorry I can't help any more with the iPhone app - as I said I'm on android - but there may some settings on it that you could tweak.

I've just had another thought - when you connect the app, which wifi SSID are you connecting to? Make sure it's the one that starts Phantom_1***** and not the other one that appears. I believe that the camera on the Vision will show up it's own SSID but you must connect your phone to the range extender SSID as above in order for everything to work. If you've already done that then ignore me... I think we've hit the limits of my ability to help now!! :lol:

thanks again Pull_up its raining here too, bummer for sure. When i did the reset on the transmitter it went through the SSID and connected successfully. I will recheck that again when i get home from work. Watching the clock tick by waiting to get home with a minute of daylight to play with this thing is hard haha.

Huntwithdad said:
Studiowise- that function does not work either on my vision. But i think you need to hold the gyro button down to make the gyro work but i cant say forsure because I CANT GET IT TO WORK!!! Glad to hear that you gimbel is making noises as well. Once Dronefly.com opens up noon my time, 10 pacific. Ill repost what they say to do. I really hope its an easy fix and i don't have to send it back. I really want to go outside and have some fun!!!

Hi, i do feel a touch daft!
i could see it change mode of sorts each time i pressed it but never though id have to keep my finger on it ,
how dumb is that, i have to take one finger away from the controller to hold down the button on the iphone screen so i can tilt the controller to tilt the camera gimbal!
im hoping we can have a gimbal lever mod like ive seen on the back of some controllers for the phantom v1 that has the gopro3 gimbal. to keep hold of the controller and just use a back finger (that is already located right next to it) to slide up or down would make way more sense. saying that, i think that mod used the same rear hole that ive just used to switch to the two-beep 500m setting!

Pull_Up said:
Yes guys, sorry I should have made it clear. You must hold the button down all the time whilst moving the phone to tilt the gimbal using the phone gyros - it's not a toggle on/off.

thanks! (see above also) :lol:

Studiowise said:
Pull_Up said:
Yes guys, sorry I should have made it clear. You must hold the button down all the time whilst moving the phone to tilt the gimbal using the phone gyros - it's not a toggle on/off.

thanks! (see above also) :lol:

You only need to do that if you are using the tilt of the phone itself to control the pitch axis on the gimble. There a vertical slider on the left of the screen and a vertical position indicator on the right side of the screen. On mine it goes away after a few seconds and and you have to touch the screen to get it back. Just touch and hold the left bar and slide it where you want the pitch of the camera.

My camera was buzzing like what was mentioned earlier and after one flight it took a crap. WiFi says it's logged on and the gimble pitch stability works but NO camera. Light doesn't even come on the camera in any position. On top of that there's no Serial Number in the marked spot for either the Phantom or the Camera OR the Controller... only the range extender has a S/N. Wondering if I already got a Shenzhen knock off. :) That's in spite of the fact the Box has stickers with the serial number of all the components. Maybe someone took out the "good' ones and slipped in defective stuff from the Q/C pile with problems. Hey, stuff falls of the truck all the time in Shenzhen .. there's a whole 'nuther market there. LOL

Studiowise...I am having the same issue regarding gimble noise like an old modem. I have sent them an email and will post their answer if I hear back from them.

"just to clarify, my gimbal makes noises like my 9600 baud modem did back in 1995! it also compensates for manual tilt of the main body when i pick it up - its not exactly speedy but it does move."

Hi
There is a feature in the assistant software which you can download from the DJI website that allows you to enable the gimble.
It might be worth a check I think it is under the advanced tab

kingcat200 said:
Hi
There is a feature in the assistant software which you can download from the DJI website that allows you to enable the gimble.
It might be worth a check I think it is under the advanced tab

Have you heard if there is going to be a MAC version (.dmg) of the software available anytime soon?

Just spoke with a Dronefly Rep and they said the MODEM-LIKE sound was a normal sound. He said it was the CERVO and nothing was wrong. I'm still a bit skeptical but there you go.

Anyone else have any ideas?

I'm curious if this noise is present on all Visions... Anyone here have one that doesn't make the modem noise?

If you pick up a powered-up Vision (probably without props to be safe, hey?) and tip it forward and back you can hear the servo compensate for the tilt to try and keep the camera steady. In order to make it respond quickly it's permanently powered up at a high frequency. If it wasn't the lag on the gimbal response either to self-levelling or user input would be terrible. If you're worried about it, don't leave it powered up for long, or get the motors running quick - the prop noise drowns it out nicely. ;)

Personally, if mine stopped whining I'd be worried - something obviously would have broken!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4