Issues with Phantom 1.2 in certain locations

Reaction score
Hi,

I got a Phantom 1.2 a few days ago, and I'm having a few issues with its startup in certain locations.

In two locations (my garden and a park nearby), it's fine in GPS mode: it starts up after battery connection, gets a GPS signal, then eventually gives me single green LED flashes indicating it's ready.

In another location about 6 miles away (a huge open park on the coast), startup doesn't seem to work: I eventually get either green / amber alternating LED flashes or more weirdly: Green, Green, Amber, the latter one not being in the manual.

I've tried calibrating the compass, and that seems to work okay (I don't get any constant red or amber lights - there's always some green lights), and the Phantom seems to be level on the ground (if that matters?).

Any other variables that might make a difference? Because I can consistently get it to work fine in the two locations it does work, but I don't have any success in the third location. I'm 99% certain I'm doing exactly the same in terms of switch on and startup.

In the third location I can't believe (given the fact I'm in the middle of a huge open space) there's no GPS signal, and other than me, the controller and my mobile phone and car keys (which are common to the park location where it also works), I can't spot any differences.

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic