Issues with P2 batteries

Reaction score
All -

Being new to the forum, I have tried to search for this topic/issue and haven't been really able to find any conclusive to my problem.

I purchased a used P2 from a coworker several weeks ago - it came with 3 batteries. Due to operator error
on my part, I crashed it on the first flight over the Memorial Day weekend. In the process of "rebuilding" it, I went ahead and updated all firmware (supposedly) since the previous owner never did. I used software assistant 3.8 and the FC went from version 2.0 to 3.14. Subsequent flights after the repairs showed that one
battery worked fine with expected flight times - the other two would cause the P2 to go into "low voltage" mode and begin descending within 1-4 minutes of flight time even though the Smart Battery indicators clearly showed at least 3 green "bars" of power left. The previous owner indicated that he rotated all 3 batteries and as shown by the software assistant, none have over 21 flights of them and are showing a "life expectancy" of at least 90%. I suspect that perhaps the one "good" battery was in the P2 when I did the firmware updates and got updated and that the other 2 haven't? If that's the case, I haven't, despite researching here and yonder, been able to figure out how to update them or even if it's possible. Perhaps it's not a battery firmware update issue? Before I plunk down $$$ on a new battery, I want o make sure that I've exhausted all avenues...Bellow is a screenshot of the firmware levels:

upload_2015-6-24_12-45-10.png

Thanks in advance!

Daniel
Greenville, SC

I'm pretty sure you have to update each battery 1 at a time after the firmware update. It will only update the main phantom firmware once, just power down and change batteries to update the next battery.

Dave- that's what I thought originally , but have been unable to verify if the other two are at the right firmware level. Does anyone know the latest battery firmware level? I even tried software assistant 3.6 to see if that made any difference - it didn't.

2.6 is the latest battery firmware but the older batteries cannot be updated past firmware 2.0 so if you put a battery in and it shows that is on firmware 2.0 with no software updates available than that battery cannot be updated to the newest firmware. I have two batteries my original that come with the p2 was unable to be updated past 2.0 and a newest one that showed that firmware update 2.6 was available.

Dave- that's what I thought originally , but have been unable to verify if the other two are at the right firmware level. Does anyone know the latest battery firmware level? I even tried software assistant 3.6 to see if that made any difference - it didn't.

For everybody's information battery v2.6 doesn't work as DJI disable it.

Apparently the previous owner not only didn't upgrade the firmware for his own reasons but also didn't take good care of those batteries. So now you need to replace those batteries with either OEM or aftermarket. Right B&H is selling P2 batteries for $99.80 ea.or two for $197.00.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1013318-REG/dji_part1_phanton_2_vision_battery.html

DJI should be fixing this problem my phantom flew perfectly fine before update now keeps going into failsafe an landing I unplug battery and it's fine take off everything then minute or so later it goes back to low battery no warning sound nothing just red flashing light

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31